Who's steeling posts to this forum?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:51 PM
andy

Who's steeling posts to this forum?

Would someone please advise why some postings simply disapear. Saw a couple last night that were of interest, but this a.m. they are gone. What is going on here?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:57 PM
an observer

Could be the work of the infamous Fodor's censors, who seem to delete posts without rhyme or reason sometimes. Ostensibly, it is to remove objectionable, non-travel related content, i.e. lewd or offensive material in posts, or some other obscure policy violation. Problem is, instead of removing the offending post, the whole thread gets whacked. That sucks because they throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Of course, it could have been a server fooch last night too, and a bunch of posts got deleted by accident. Dunno.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Webster

Maybe the same person that stole your dictionary.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:05 PM
wondering

I tried to post twice on a controversial subject today and Fodors wouldn't accept a fake e-mail address. It accepted yours so I'm using the same one to see if it works. I wish that Fodors would make up its mind about this subject.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Fodors

Fodors will accept pretty much ANYTHING as an e-mail address as long as it has an @ in it and ends with .com. What a silly requirement!

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:44 PM
curious

where was there an interesting thread? I haven't seen one in days!

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:50 PM
minerva

I posted on a new thread this morning. By the time I hit "send" the entire thread had vanished.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:41 PM
just

wow minerva, what was it about????

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:53 PM
rand

I got that 'fake email address' once when using my real one. I changed it to a fake one and it took. It is possible that the message is the equivalent to 'error message number 4, call your systems administrator', when you ARE the systems administrator and do not have a clue what just happened.