White Garden Pension rip off

Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Lee
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Garden Pension rip off

I booked and prepaid a room at the White Garden Pension in Antalya months ago. Upon arrival in mid afternoon, I was told I would have to take a room at their "other" hotel, Erken Pansiyon. This place is a dump so out of plumb that the windows did not close. It is on the main entrance to the old quarter so that traffic noise was bad all night. No amount of discussion could budge this glib owner--"Just a little mistake". Also the restaurants in the old quarter are more than 2 times the price of those outside--a terrible rip off.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM

Lee,
I hope that you take the time to post a review on trip advisor. When people stop booking hotels because they see reviews like this they will lose business. I just finished booking several hotels and did not book one that had been recommended because a traveler experienced something similar to you.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Lee
Original Poster

Thanks, I did so.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM

Lee,
I saw your post on tripadvisor. I wanted to thank you for your other post on the gulet cruise. I have agonized about a gulet trip and I just did not feel comfortable about any of the companies I found. I decided not to do it because I couldn't get enough information from other people who had done trips. For awhile I thought I would just go to the docks but have even changed my mind about that. I appreciated you taking the time to provide this information to others because it is difficult to find. Thanks.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Lee
Original Poster

Yes, the cruises were a disappointment, especially Marmaris to Fethiye. I did not expect anything luxurious but did not figure to sit around the bulk of the time watching the crew sleep--waste of my time and money.
I am sure there are upscale boats but I could not find any on the net. I saw some lovely ships in these "parking spots", but, then again, they were parked just as we were!!
Although the guide books say to go to the docks and book directly, my stroll on the docks at Marmaris showed plenty of deserted gulets with for rent signs and some said one week's notice required. This would not be feasible for anyone on a fixed time vacation.