Which Tour Company?

Search

Which Tour Company?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Tour Company?

As my husband and I will only be in Rome for 4 days (August 9th - August 13th).....we basically only have 4 days to visit some of the amazing sights of Rome.

I came across a website www.enjoyrome.com/walking/index/html. I rather thought the "Ancient Old Rome Walking Tour" plus "The Vatican Walking Tour" (combined on the one day) and "Christian Rome Bus Tour" - (Churches & Catacombs) on another day, plus Jewish Ghetto & Trastever Walking Tour on another could cover some of the main points of interest, leaving us to be free in the evening.

The question I am asking is - has anyone got any feedback on the company. Also, my choice of sightseeing tours? There are so many tour companies/guides, I am confused as to who to go with.

All comments/suggestions must appreciated.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:22 AM

If your budget allows, then go with Context.

I've done the Enjoy Rome tour of the Vatican Museums and thought it was good.

The problem with the Trastevere tour is that it starts at 6:00 so you won't have time to see the 3 wonderful churches in Trastevere. But maybe you're not that interested in churches so it won't bother you. You'll also miss the market in Campo dei Fiore. If your schedule allows you can always go back the next day.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Adrienne...

We are actually staying in Trastevere so I will get a chance to visit the churches in the day time at some stage.

Where is the market in Campo dei Fiore and what day is it on?

I thought it best to go with guided tours as this is my husband's first visit so I don't want to waste time looking for some of the places we want to see and also nice to have a guide to give a bit of history.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM

I think the market is every day except Sunday. It's in the middle of the square - you can't miss it. I loved having morning coffee in one of the cafes overlooking the market - great people watching. You also get to see the lovely flowers.

Be sure to see Bernini's ecstasy at San Francisco a Ripa church. Go when it's sunny as the only light on the sculpture is from the window above. You can stand almost touching it - it's so beautiful.

I'm a big fan of walking tours.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Do you mean it is in the square in Trastevere?

Yes, I like to walk - I think you see more.....thanks again.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 06:14 AM

I used When In Rome Tours 2 years ago and they were fantastic. I went on the trip solo and hired them to provide private tour guides of the vatican and of ancient rome. I did one tour one day and the other the next. I had 2 different tour guides and both were top notch. At the vatican, we spent all day (8 hours) and did a full tour.

I would highly recommend them

www.wheninrometours.com
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 06:22 AM

<< Where is the market in Campo dei Fiore and what day is it on? >>

<< Do you mean it is in the square in Trastevere? >>

No! The Campo dei Fiore market is in the middle of Campo dei Fiori. It's a square north of Trastevere and is on your walking tour. I was commenting on your Trastevere walking tour.

http://www.enjoyrome.com/walking/jewish.html