Hotels in Paris

Jan 19th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Paris

Looking for ideas about hotels in Paris for a 'young' couple celebrating husband's 70th.
Planning to take a train from CDG Airport to Paris and would prefer a hotel in the E 125-150 per night range .
Would like something close to a train station with no specific location since we will have to take the metro in order to see most attractions anyhow.
Prefer to have non-smoking hotel (is there such a thing in Paris ? ) If possible with breakfast included. Being up in years, prefer not to walk too much before my morning coffee.
Planning to go in mid-April. First trip to Paris.
Suggestions/ideas will really be appreciated.. Thanks
Never2old
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:55 AM

If you plug 'Paris hotels' into the Search square on this page
you'll get enough info to keep you busy for the day!

And yes, Paris is now (mostly) getting with the 'no smoking'
issue.
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:59 AM

Why do you want to be near a train station? Or do you mean metro stop?
Jan 19th, 2010, 07:38 AM

You might look at the Hotel Familia or the Hotel Minerve. They are next door to each other and very near 2 metro stops and there are 3 bus lines across the street. I know breakfast is included at the Familia. There is also a patisserie right across the street if you prefer. They are well within your price range

http://www.hotel-paris-minerve.com/English/Main.htm
Jan 19th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Immimmi
Sometimes too much info ends up being a bit confusing.
However, someone who already visited Paris and has good info about specific hotel is very helpful
All the answers I received help me a lot. Thanks to all
Jan 19th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Greetings Never2old. My first trip to Paris was for my husband's 50th birthday and now, 10 years later, I've managned to go at least once a year as it turned out that I'm the one who loved Paris more!
I haven't stayed at this particular Mercure but have stayed at various hotels of the Accor Group and have always been satisfied. Here's a link to one of their hotels in an excellent location in the Latin Quarter and it is within your budget.
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...ne/index.shtml
It looks like such a good deal and location that I'm putting it on my short list for next trip. Since my favorire Hilton is now a Pullman (part of Accor) I can't use my HHonors points to stay near the Eiffel Tower anymore (boo-hoo) and the Pullman is a bit over my budget.
Jan 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM

....Happy Travels!
Jan 22nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Margaretlb
Thanks a lot. Will check their web page and decide.
Maybe Paris will also "win-me-over" but... must be better than Barcelona and Buenos Aires. !
Thanks again

Never2old
Jan 22nd, 2010, 10:11 AM

How about Hotel Le Notre Dame? I steyed there with my parents (of a certain age) a while back. It is located across the street from the RER (train) stop from the CDG airport. We stayed in the loft, with views of the sun rising over Notre Dame. No issues with noise.Metro very nearby.

From this location, easy (across the street) walk to St Chapelle, Notre Dame, Ile St Louis, etc.. And you have the Seine and the bouquinistes right in front of you. Couple of blocks to Seine River cruise. Lots of restaurants. We had breakfast couple of times on Ile de la Cite, at a nice restaurant with a patio (located right in front of Palais de Justice).
Jan 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM

Would highly recommend:

http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/
Jan 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM

We are staying at Hotel Left Bank for 1 night at the end of our trip. It includes a continental breakfast. It is in the 6e....great area IMO.
Jan 22nd, 2010, 05:52 PM

I do understand the feeling of "information overload" but there are many people who have already offered up good advice and recs and have recorded their information in one of the following two threads. They may not see your post because they've moved on from talking about Paris to some other destination.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ank-thread.cfm

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ank-thread.cfm

Oh to be 70 years young and in Paris!
Jan 25th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

amwosu
Thanks for the valuable tip. Indeed will check both and decide
Right now Iam happy to be 70 in any place . But looking forward to " April in Paris " Thanks again.
Never2old
Jan 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM

they've moved on from talking about Paris to some other destination.

I never move on from talking about Paris!
Apr 26th, 2010, 06:23 AM

Here we are almost at the end of April - wondering where this couple chose to stay...maybe they'll report to the forum...