Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which Terminal does the Leonardo Express stop?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking the Leonardo Express to FCO airport from the train station. I've got 40 kilos worth of luggage, and 10 kilos worth of carry-on. I would like to know which terminal does the Leonardo Express stop at? Also, are there escalators and elevators?

Another question, would anybody know which terminal Malaysian Air operate from (is it terminal 1 or 2? Both are for non-Schengen flights)?

I just worry about having to drag my suitcases around next week!!

Also, if I take the cab from the vicinity of the train station, how much would it cost to go to the airport?

Thank you!
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM

You're a student and do not know how to Google map Leonardo da Vinci airport to find out that the train station is in the airport? When did you first acquire a computer? But with 50 kg of luggage, you might need to have a friend help you until you find a luggage cart.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

I know that the Leonardo Express is at the airport, but I am not sure which terminal (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) it stops, and of course I checked on google and could not find the information.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM

If I were you and had that much luggage, I would pay the 40 euro for a taxi door to door. Handling that luggage on the train on your own will be difficult. this is the moment to splurge.

In any case, here is a link to the maps of the airport at the official airport website:

http://www.adr.it/pax-fco-mappa-dell-aeroporto

Looks like the train station is closest to T3.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM

Unless you're a professional weight lifter I wouldn't recommend trying to haul 110 pounds of luggage on and off a train. I would definitely organize a car - and get one with a driver able/willing to haul that luggage for you.
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM

Tweeny,
With that much luggage, you'll need a cart and some muscle to get all that on the train. Tip, head for the handicap train car as it does not have stairs to climb!

The train station comes into FCO near Terminal 3 - which is where you'll be coming into. There are escalators and elavators. With that much luggage, I'd head out the frosted doors in Terminal 3 Arrivals Area and head LEFT, to the far LEFT and catch the elevators all the way up to Level 2. From there, you can use the overhead walkways - with moving sidewalks - to get to the train station. (The platforms are on the same level as Level 2).

A cab currently is €40 from the Roma Termini area to the airport (subject to a proposed increase in late September if the taxi union gets their way!). You might take a look at these links which address arriving in Rome, getting your baggage, and the FCO train station. Coming back from the States with supplies, we often have to tow this much luggage - Good Luck!

http://tinyurl.com/FCO-arrive
http://tinyurl.com/t3-baggage
http://tinyurl.com/FCO-trains
http://tinyurl.com/Rome-fixed-rate
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM

If I were you, I would take a cab. Perhaps you can share one. My problem with the Leonardo Express is that my husband and I found there was no designated place to put your luggage. Also, the AC (if that train even has it) was not working the morning we took it which made for a very uncomfortable ride into Rome. We had to put our luggage in the isle as others did; we had a 22" with a smaller carry bag each--so that's not a lot of luggage.