Which Stroller in Umbria?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all - Heading to Umbria soon with a 17-month-old and I'm torn over which stroller to bring. We have a good quality umbrella stroller (Maclaren Volo) which has the benefit of being light and compact, but I'm worried about it not doing well on dirt roads, cobblestone streets, etc. and it's also not the most comfortable ride for our son. Our other option is a Peg Perego which handles better, reclines so he can nap comfortably, has a full sunshade, big wheels, etc. but of course is much bulkier and heavier (altho still considered "lightweight&quot. Any advice??
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:32 AM

http://www.easywalker.nl/eng/classic.html
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:29 AM

I personally find MacLaren quite sturdy. It can definitely handle cobblestone streets in London perfectly fine.
Are you planning to rent a car? If so, MacLaren is easier to fold and takes up a lot less space. My inclination is lighter the better.
The real deciding factor would be how important it would be for your son to have a reclining seat. (Note he may be jet-lagged for the first few days.)
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM

Hi- we were in Umbria (and all over Italy) with our almost 2 year old four months ago. We had the same thoughts about the strollers. We ended up bringing a umbrella-type stroller (bought it at Target for less than $40.) I think the brand is Safety First. Anyway, it had a food/cup holder tray for the baby, a cup holder for parents (which the airline lost,)a small basket underneath, a sunshade & it did recline too. It worked really well & we were glad we didn't lug our larger stroller with us. It did take some abuse, but it served it's purpose for us all over Italy. I hope that helps!
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM

McLaren - we went all over Italy and UK with ours, no problem. Why burden yourself unnecessarily with a monster that will be a nuisance in restaurants, etc.
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all! Sounds like we'll be fine with the Maclaren, which definitely will help lighten our load.