Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which room is best at La Familia in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 12:18 PM
Katie

My fiance and I are staying at La Familia this October (on this forum's reccomendation). Can anyone who has stayed their in a room with a balconey and great view remember their actual room number? I'd like to call Eric to confirm our room and make a request for a particularly pretty one . . . thanks in advance! <BR>

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 12:20 PM
Katie

I should have reread my message - I meant to write "stayed there", not "stayed their." sorry for the quick typing!

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 01:24 PM
elaine

I haven't stayed there, but according to the book "Cheap Sleeps in Paris" <BR>room #52 has a balcony with a view of Notre Dame. Rooms with balconies are said to be on the second or fifth floor, facing the street.

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 04:53 AM
Lori

That's the room - #52 at the top of the stairs. According to Eric its the best room in the house. We stayed in that room our first stay at the Familia. While it was really nothing special - it did have a balcony with a small table and two chairs - again very small. But cozy enough for two people to share a bottle of wine and some cheese and watch the sunset. Just don't expect a suite at the Ritz.

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 05:40 AM
Brian in Atlanta

What Lori said. We just stayed in room 52 last May. You can read a review by searching for "Paris Trip Report" (though you may want to scroll through some of my longwindedness).

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Margo Classe

FAMILIA: 11, rue Ecoles. Tel: 0143545527. Fax: 0143296177. (30 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 400-560F/61-85EUR single; 420-620F/64-96EUR double; 660-760F/101-116EUR triple; 730F/111EUR quad. Breakfast (7-10am) at 30F pp can be served in the room (5F extra pp). Visa, MC, AX. English spoken (Eric), cable TV w/CNN, charming wonderful hotel w/nicely furnished (Louis XV-style or mahogany) carpeted pretty rms. which vary in size from small to smaller, bathrooms are being modernized, 8 rms. facing the front on the 2nd, 5th & 6th flrs. have balconies which include a table & 2 chairs, the rooms facing the front on the 5th & 6th floor have views of Notre-Dame cathedral, rooms facing the inner courtyard are smaller and cheaper, 20 rms. are uniquely decorated with individual themed frescoes; #21 (double bed), 23 (French double bed, bathtub, balcony & faces street) & 22 (2 twin beds, petite bathtub, balcony & faces street) are for a double; #61 (double bed, 1 twin bed & balcony) is a rm. for 3 people; #62 (2 double beds, shower & balcony w/fabulous view of rooftops) & 65 (ground flr. rm. w/double bed, 2 twin beds & bathtub) are for a family; #51 is 19th-century stone wall rm. w/double bed & balcony w/view of rooftops & street; #14 w/balcony faces the street; soundproofed, minibars, hair driers, stonewalled hallways, elevator, 6 flrs. Owned and managed by the very friendly & accommodating Eric Gaucheron who is constantly improving the hotel. Eric is totally committed to pleasing the guests and will bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable. He doesn’t like having a Web site because he prefers to talk with his guests directly. Eric’s wife, Sylvie Royer, owns/manages the Hotel Minerve next door. Métro: Maubert-Mutualité.