Reload this Page >

Has anyone eaten at Les Crayeres?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 05:03 AM
Lori

My husband and I have a dinner reservation at this chateau in September and I was wondering if anyone has any comment about it? How was the overall experience, and what can we expect? Have read all about it but would love some first hand experience. Thanks.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 07:04 AM
Marija

Superb in all respects. Expect a fabulous meal with excellent service. What more can I say?

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 01:43 PM
elaine

Yes Yes Yes <BR>and if your time and your budget allow for it, do stay overnight. <BR>For a recent article on Les Crayeres (June 2000 I believe), <BR>go to the bparis (bonjour Paris) website. It is referred to by their author as the finest dining experience in the world.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 02:51 PM
Rebecca

This place sounds fabulous. Where is it? Sounds like someplace I would like to include in my next trip.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 04:44 AM
elaine

Les Crayeres 64 Boulevard Vasnier 51100 Reims Tel. 26-82-80-80 <BR>www.geraldboyer.com <BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 06:10 AM
Lori

Thank you Elaine for a great article on a terrific web site. Alas, our budget does not permit us to stay at this wonderful chateau, but ate least we will get to eat there.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 06:47 AM
Murray Brown

I have eaten at Le Crayeres. It is truly exceptional. Everything you would expect it to be and more. <BR>For a terrific description of a meal there go to restauarnt critic Steven Shaw's site: www.fat-guy.com. Go to the France section.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 07:35 AM
Lori

Wow, another terrific review on a fun website. This is not to be read Before Lunch!!! I'm starving and can't wait to experience Les Crayeres. I do have one question, I'm assuming that there is only one seating for dinner - what time should we arrive? Thanks to all.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Stan Lepelstat

Will be eating there on September 20.Have eaten in 8 "3" star Michelin restaurants over the last 10 years.Will write and give you my comparison

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 12:24 PM
Lori

Ah Stan, I'll be dining there on the 10th. It will be fun to compare notes though!

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 08:52 AM
Lou

Stan & Lori, <BR> I ate at Les Crayeres last year and I will be there again on the 7th of September. Food is great be sure to have 1/2 plates to try different courses. They offer this wonderful option. I will be also traveling to Trogrois and Le Jardin des Sens both 3 star Michelin restaurant. Let's compare notes.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 10:17 AM
Maggie LaCoste

My husband and I have had the opportunity to eat and stay here several times and it is one of the nicer dining experiences we have ever had. After our visit there this spring, we agreed that the best deal of all is having lunch rather than dinner. It is less crowded at lunch on most days, unless there is a large group in town, and the service is much more attentive. We have had the chef's menu at both lunch and dinner and feel that for the difference in price, lunch is a bargain. So if you are interested in stretching your dining dollars, you may want to think about checking into this possibility. Either way, you'll have a great experience!