Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which of these is a better location for villa in Tuscany?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:43 PM
deepa

We are planning to rent a villa in Tuscany in early september (4 adults + 2 toddlers). Which of Castelnova Berardanga, area near Montaione or Greve in Chianti, is better in terms of proximity to quaint towns, typical tuscan scenery, etc? Also, has anyone heard of Castelnova Vicchimagio? Planning this to be a holiday of a lifetime. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Mary

Hi! We stayed in Greve at Villa Vignamaggio and LOVED it! We did tons of day trips - it was the perfect location and the perfect place to stay! It doesn't get better than that!

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:37 PM
deepa

Hi Mary, I know the Vignamaggio is great but we couldn't get a place there. The Castelnova Vicchimaggio is another place, also in Greve!

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 12:33 AM
bea

hi, <BR> <BR>to read more about Castello di Vicchiomaggio, visit: http://www.tuscany.net/vicchiom/index.html <BR> <BR>regards <BR>bea

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 10:38 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Buon giorno Deepa, I really admire your persistence at this project. I am sorry I could not be more help earlier, but I was very busy then. I prefer the Castelnuova Berardenga location to see more of Tuscany. Greve is too far north in Chianti to day trip to my favorite areas south of Siena, and you can easily do Cortona and parts of Umbria from that location. I hope this helps.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Jerry

There is nothing for rent in Tuscany.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 07:30 AM
The Maestro

Jerry, you stole my line!