Which Hilton in Munich?

Sep 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM
mariadelagracia

Which Hilton in Munich?

We are Hilton Diamond members and will be staying in Munich for 3 nights in June 2008 using our Hilton points. There is the Hilton Munich City Hotel and the Hilton Munich Park Hotel, both of which have good and fair comments on TripAdvisor.

My husband and I are not opposed to walking 15-20 minutes from city center to/from a hotel. I'm assuming that either hotel may not be air conditioned and that we would be able to open a window, so I wouldn't want to be woken up by a lot of street noise or hotel bar noise.

I would appreciate any comments or preferences from someone who has stayed at either of these hotels.

Sep 20th, 2007, 12:15 AM

I have stayed at the Park Hotel and can confirm that it is a very nice hotel. The location is perfect if you like to enjoy the park (including one of Munich's most famous beergardens, at the Chinesischer Turm). To reach the city, you have to take the streetcar. It takes about 30min to reach the city.
The City Hotel is not in the city, but has a more convenient underground train connection into the city.
Sep 20th, 2007, 12:50 AM

Yup! situated right next to the English gardens ..... i ran past this hotel to get to the park. The area is about 15 minutes more or less from the city center.

Hari
Sep 20th, 2007, 02:37 AM

The Hilton Munich City is definitely air conditioned; I've stayed there three different times.

It is situated immediately above, and with direct access from the lobby to, the Rosenheimer Platz U/S Bahn station.

The buffet breakfast is terrific.
Sep 20th, 2007, 06:00 AM

I second Dukey's response. The access to the train is very convenient. A great hotel with very modern rooms. There is a small complex of shops across the street with almost anything you could need.
Sep 20th, 2007, 09:24 AM

TTT
Sep 20th, 2007, 11:13 AM

As Dukey said, for convenience of getting to the city centre (Marienplatz), Hilton Munich City is much more convenient. Can walk over the bridge and be in the city centre within 10 minutes.

And if you're taking the public transport (S-bahn) from the city to the hotel, then this is really much more convenient too -- the S8 line stops directly at Rosenheimer Platz, and from the station, there's a link directly into the hotel lobby.