Which ferry line from Split to Ancona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, trying to make a decision on which ferry line between Split and Ancona. In the past we have always used Jadrolinija and whilst okay our last experience 2 years ago on the ferry Dubrovnik was not that good. I know its only a ferry but it really was basic, torn sheets on the beds, something banging outside the cabin most of the night to keep us awake, breakfast was a free for all and completely forgetable.
Has anybody used Blue Line ferries from Split to Ancona, intersted to know how this line compares to Jadrolinija, timetable seems much the same so that is not a problem.
Thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 11:35 AM

I've sailed in both Blue Line ships (the ANCONA and SPLIT 1700) and, in some ways, prefer them to Jadrolinija. The ANCONA is the biggest and best ship on the route, with lovely wooden-panelled saloons. Blue Line has more sailings on the route than Jadrolinija who don't sail every night. I've never encountered torn sheets with either company. Jadrolinija's cabin fares include breakfast, but it's nothing to get excited about and it's certainly not worth getting out of bed early for coffee and a bit of bread and jam.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Geoff, I think we might give Blue Line a try. We have always found it really easy to locate Jadrolinija's office at the ferry terminal in Split, we usually get there early, park the car and go for dinner in Split before boarding the ferry. Would I be right in thinking that the Blue Line terminal is close by and just as easy??
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM

They use the same terminal in Split. As I remember it, Blue Line's ticket office is just beyond Jadrolinija's, at the far end of the building. The last time I travelled, I had dinner in the restaurant on board the ANCONA. There are pictures of the ships' interiors on www.bli-ferry.com.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Once again, thanks Geoff.