Which Best Western in Pris?

Oct 4th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Which Best Western in Pris?

Author: lovereadin
Date: 10/04/2007, 03:28 pm
Hello to all,

We have added a few days in Paris, Dec. 29 -Jan. 1, to our Christmas Germany / Austria trip. We need to stay in a Best Western property; I have narrowed it down to 2 choices, but I would appreciate any advice / information you can offer to help make the final choice.

We will be flying in from Vienna and flying back to the U.S. from Paris on Jan. 1.

This will be our first time in Paris. Things we would like to do are see a few highlights at the Louvre, see the Eiffel Tower, the Arc...; Champs..., Notre Dame, Napoleon's Tomb, take a cruise on the Seine - the basics for first-timers.

While we are past the age of bar-hopping, etc. at night, we do not just want to sit in our hotel room when evening comes either.

Having said all of this, the two choices are the Best Western Eiffel Park Hotel in the 7th district and the Best Western Aramis Saint Germain in the 6th. They are very similar in price, so it basically boils down to which one may be nicer (?) and / or which may better suit our needs as described above.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide; this one is making me a little nervous.

Have a good evening!

Miriam

Oct 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM

The one on the 6th is near Jardin de Luxembourg and Metro St Placide which is on a direct line to Notre Dame...that is good. Bit of a walk to blvd St Germain and Seine though. Nice area.

Eiffel Park is steps from Seine, very near Eiffel, near Pont Alma (cruises)

Both are very nice locations. Tough call... 6th will be more active at night, 7th quieter. I think there will be more restos for the 6th, but 7th won't be salt and crackers. Access wise,not a big difference ...metro and RER nearby Eiffel. 6th might have a bit more walkable sights.

I'll let others speak up...
Oct 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM

The one at Saint Germain for the central location.
Oct 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM

me, too. Lots of shopping on rue de Rennes.
Oct 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM

All else being equal, I'd go with St. Germain for location.
Oct 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM

I really like the scene in the 6th, stayed there last time and probably will next time. I've never stayed in the 7th.
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your assistance. I have made reservations in the 6th district. I'm sure I will not be disappointed!!!! Have a good week!

mak