which beach with kids?

Search

which beach with kids?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which beach with kids?

We have 4 kids- age 8-14. which beach areas (on the med) are good for kids for 4-5 days? is amalfi coast too rocky? fancy? where are good sandy beaches? grazie.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:36 PM

I don't know if you're set on any particular area or not, but I think Naxos, Greece (technically in the Aegean not Mediterranean) is a great place for a family with one of the best beaches I've ever seen.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 05:45 PM

We had a great time last summer at the Cinque Terre. We stayed in Monterosso where there are sandy beaches. Good train, ferry, and walking paths allow for easy access to a variety of other beaches, including some nice rocky areas which your kids would probably love. You can rent kayaks or a small boat and explore from the water. Our two boys, 7 and 4 years at the time, still talk about how much fun they had here.

Our trip report is posted here: http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34523667
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:40 AM

Daffy_traveller, could you give a bit more information on where you want to be? After all, there are thousands of miles of coastline from Gibraltar to Turkey, most of it sandy, and most of suitable for kids, hence the millions of people holidaying there every year.
So, where ya goin'?
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Sorry--I was much too vague. I am looking for a beach as part of our trip to Italy. We have lots of towns on the itinerary, but need a water break. I am thinking Lake Garda or the Med. coast of Italy. Any good family hotels in Sirmione, Desanzano, etc. (with quad rooms?)
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 05:50 PM

I second Monterosso! The Hotel Pasquale, right on the water, has a great "family room" with two bedrooms that connect with a bathroom. We could let them run out to the sandy beach from the hotel and watch them from the hotel window. Our then 15 and 12 year old boys loved taking the boats out, taking the train and boat to the other CT towns, hiking from town to town and wandering through Monterosso by themselves, buying gelato and snacks. Very relaxed and a pleasant respite from Florence and Milan. Its my now 14 year old's favorite place in Italy.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I have been checking out Monterosso and it sounds great. I had to take a break from Italy planning though; I was starting to go mad! Does anyone know of any sailboat charters around Cinque Terre? Surfing>