Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which "5 star" Prague Hotel would you recommenf?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not get any warm fuzzies from the responses to the hotel I picked - so I upped my budget and these are the hotels that are 5 stars that came up - in February - for the $99 to $140 praice range:

Esplanade
Thalia
3 Storks
Best Western Premier Hotel Royal Palace
Crowne Plaza Prague Castle
Rezidence Lundborg
Metamorphis Excellent
Savoy
Jalta

Are any of these a place you all would recommend? We would like to see a concert at the National and be able to walk back at night without going through seedy areas.

I have a four star booked right now - U Zlateho Stromu - but not sure the night club below (w/ drunk stags) is a good place to be walking through at night - so I am open to advice.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed in an apartment at the Hotel Metamorphis and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is in a great location right off Old Town Square and only about a 10-minute walk to the Charles Bridge.

I am not familiar with the other hotels, but based on location alone, the castle area would not be my first choice--I like the convenience of Old Town. Prague is rather compact and public transportation is good,though, so you can get around easily even if you are not in Old Town.

Here's a recent thread on Prague neighborhoods:
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...to-stay-in.cfm

FWIW, a lot of people also like the Hotel Paris (formerly Hotel Pariz). Depending on your dates in February, it's going for about $142 a night on wotif.com.

http://www.hotel-paris.cz/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...e_Bohemia.html
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 05:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hotel Pariz [Paris] was our favorite hotel in Prague. But for location, the Charles Bridge area is the best and we have stayed in that vicinity. Consider, from the Paris hotel it is just a short walk to the main square. But from the hotel it is about 15 minutes to the Charles Bridge all on flat ground. Then from the bridge it starts uphill to the castle, again about 15/20 minutes. For us, we walk everywhere as the architecture is stunning and easy to miss a lot on public transportation. The Paris is not only our favorite hotel, but this is one of our favorite cities. A little information on the history of Prague. Richard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 05:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've stayed in the Savoy several times. It is luxurious and the staff very service-oriented. However, there are some who do not like the location (it is up the hill above the castle) but we did since there is a tram stop opposite the front entrance and we used the public transport system to get just about everywhere.

If I were going again I would also consider more centrally-located hotels however I disagree that you just HAVE to be close to the Charles Bridge.
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 05:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here is another site you could try and the hotels you have mentioned may be listed. Plus more reviews. Not sure, but you may have to pay up front. hotels.com/