Where to stay in Venice

Jul 5th, 2000, 12:43 PM
Leigh

Where to stay in Venice

In November, my finance and I are going to Venice on our honeymoon. We will be in Venice for three days and would like recommendations on a good hotel. Something romantic and special. Not a typical hotel chain.

Jul 5th, 2000, 01:02 PM
kk

I'm going to Venice in August and have asked the same question to many people recently and get the Hotel Flora as a very popular response. I don't know, I have not been there, but everyone says that it's really nice.

Jul 5th, 2000, 02:51 PM
Me

We have stayed three times at the Hotel Kette (very near the Flora), and have been very pleased. Good breakfast, helpful staff, nice rooms, beautiful (and large) marble baths. Very convenient to San Marco. Good restaurants - Alla Borsa and Da Raffaele close by. You can see the hotel at www.hotelkette.com

Hope this helps!

Jul 5th, 2000, 10:06 PM
stephen

a very nice and expensive hotel with a great view of the grand canal.

Jul 6th, 2000, 09:27 AM
elaine

Hi
I have Venice notes that include many hotel recommendations from this forum, including the Flora which I highly recommend myself. You can also do a search at this travel lounge for Venice hotels and find many recommendations.
good luck

Jul 6th, 2000, 01:08 PM
John

Leigh:

wherever you stay....make sure it is in VENICE! Dont try and save money by staying outside and training it in....you'll regret it!!
JOHN

Jul 6th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Marty

I just stayed at the Locandra Leon Bianco which is owned by the same people as the Gallini. Room #2 was very charming with antiques and a window on the Grand Canal. Breakfast was brought to the room and we ate it on a tiny old table looking out on the canal. There is a canal entrance as well as a street side one if you choose to arrive by water taxi. If you should stay there, please let me know what you think of the painting on the ceiling! The bathroom was newly done and in its own little private hallway that was not in the room, but was considered part of the room.