Where to stay in Venice?

Feb 15th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Texas Traveler

Where to stay in Venice?

My wife and I will be traveling in Italy in May of this year. In particular we have yet to decide on a place to stay while we are in Venice for 3 nights. I'm looking for a nice place, medium price range. Anybody have suggestions?

Feb 15th, 2001, 11:53 AM
x

search here for venice hotel. you'll find many suggestions.

Feb 15th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Laurentina

To Author "x": search where? Did I miss something? Thanks. LA

Feb 15th, 2001, 01:46 PM
x

laurentina,
search on the top of this screen. where it has the text search box, type in venice hotel and pick italy from the list. then click 'find'.

Feb 15th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Texas Traveler

I was looking for personal recommendations. I'm aware of the search feature. Thanks.

Feb 15th, 2001, 02:18 PM
aaa

you'll get many personal recommendations by doing a serach here. i'll be at the hotel flora in a month so i can't speak for it personally but, there are many many comments on it here. it also was suggested by a friend and in the "charming small hotels" book.

Feb 15th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Bob

We found the Antica Locanda Al Gambero in Venice on this site for our trip in Oct 99. Nice place. Located on Calle dei Fabbri midway between Rialto and St Marks. Tel 36 041 5224384 Fax 39 041 5200431. Our rate was 210000L for double with breakfast. Hotel rooms were small, but had been recently remodeled and had new bath fixtures. We were in Room 1 overlooking a small canal and off the lobby. We were with another couple and all four of us agreed we would use the hotel again if in Venice. One couple we met there was rebooking for a future trip. Hope this helps some.