My boyfriend and I are going to visit Paris for the 1st time in november and we can't decide where to stay. So many arrondissements, so many things to see. We'll be there for 4 1/2 days and we would like to visit as many attractions as possible (Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre-Couer, Champs-Elysee, Luxemburg Gardens, ...) but we also like to wander on the streets, people-watch and find a place to have something to eat and drink at the end of the day.
A friend recommended to stay near Champs Elysee, other sugested Le Marais and another one swears by the area near the Eiffel Tower... Basically, we have no idea were to stay.
So far we've kinda narrowed it down to the Latin Quartier, 5th/6th/7th arr. and the areas near Champs Elysee/Eiffel Tower/Le Marais (because of the recommendations), but I'm not really sure these would be the best places for us or which one to choose.
We are in our early 30's, our budget would be about 145USD per night (lower if possible - for hotels, air bnb or youth hotels with private rooms), we don't mind walking, but I'd rather to stay near a station and we would prefer an area that has some kind of night life (nothing too wild) where it's safe to walk around after 10, 11 pm (I'm freaked out by walking empty streets late at night).
All help is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Andalusia
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 6 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 7 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 8 South of France
- 9 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 14 Help with Spain itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 19 paris to london- day trip
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 22 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 24 Family vacation
- 25 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence