Where to stay in Granada

Search

Where to stay in Granada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2023, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Granada

It's our first time to Granada. We plan on spending 2 nights there. Where do you recommend staying, Albaicin or City Center? What are the nicest hotels?
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 07:45 PM

if you'll check your other thread, there are answers to your questions about Granada hotels, from me and from Karenwoo.

As we both said, the lower Albaicín is fine, a flat area with a number of hotels facing the river bed, the Carrera del Darro.
These hotels will include the Casa 1800 Granada (same ownership as Casa 1800 Sevilla) and the Shine Albayzín.
The Ladrón de Agua also on this street is now closed and not bookable.
Casa 1800 is also very nice and on the same street.

I would, if it were my trip, book the Shine Albayzín. Check the reviews on booking.com
A 9.0 review score on booking indicates to me that I'm going to be very happy there.

Last edited by Maribel; Jan 13th, 2023 at 08:11 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 07:29 AM

I liked the location of the AC Santa Paula, in the Centro. I give some info about it in this trip report; next time I might have opted for a room that included the hotel breakfast.

if you book there, try to get one of the rooms with the coffered wood ceilings. (see my report)

MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 08:31 AM

I also like the Palacio de Santa Paula, which is now an Autograph Collection, no longer an AC. And the rooms in the original convent with coffered wood ceilings are the best to book.