Where to stay in Capri , Positano and Ravello

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are hoping to spend 6 nights along the coast for our honeymoon in September and would love to hear about everyone's favorite spots and rooms. Also if we wanted to spend a day in Pompeii which location would be most convenient. We will not be renting a car so will rely on public transpro and a car service.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance for your kind suggestions, this has been very helpful.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:30 AM

Maybe a good idea could be to stay at Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi so that evry place you like to visit is close enough by bus, by hydrofoil, by train.<BR>A very good hotel, really fine for honeymoon is Oasi Olimpia Relais.<BR>Have a nice trip
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:05 AM

On Capri I highly recommend staying at Villa Brunella. It's a small family owned hotel, beautiful accomodations, casual feel and personalized service. We stayed in a Jr. Suite and had an absolutely knockout view. We stayed at Villa Franca in Positano, it is also small and beautiful. Because it's at the top of the town, the views are 'to die for'. They have a shuttle to transport you to the center of town but we usually walked since I wanted to get some exercise. These two hotels are not as luxurious as the San Pietro or Le Sireneuse and don't feel as formal yet they still have top rate accomodations. I've also heard great things about Poseidon in Positano...that's where I want to stay next time.
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:19 AM

We stayed at the Poseidon in Positano two summers ago, #56, a junior suite with a sweeping view of Positano all the way down to the beach. I don't think I'll ever forget that view, or the hotel, which for us, was equally spectacular in every way. I've posted to death about this place, but I think you get the general idea-- we loved it!<BR>The hotel is a family run place, maybe 50 rooms? and you're treated like a well-loved house guest. My husband still rhapsodizes about the food-- some of the best we had on our whole trip. Also had great food at DOnna Rosa's in Montpertuso (S?) small mountain village overlooking Positano. There's also a restaurant half a block down from Donna Rosa's that was equally excellent, if not better, and I can't think of the name! The owner sends somebody to take you back and forth from your hotel. We had a great dinner there, and on the way out, the hostess insisted we take two bottles of her homemade limoncello with us for the trip back!<BR><BR>One place to avoid: Da Adolpho's, AKA the BIG RED BOAT. The restaurant is in a small cove near Amalfi,and they pick up tourists on the dock at Positano. It was an OK lunch at a shack on a beach packed wall to wall with people. Not a great afternoon.<BR><BR>Have a good trip!<BR><BR>
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the tip to avoid Da Adolfo. The books make it sound so fabulous -- it's nice to know I could probably give it a miss. My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for August and based on the rave reviews on this site we're booking at Villa Brunella!
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 02:24 PM

Weedles, the restaurant close to Donna Rosa in Montepertuso is called &quot;Il Ritrovo.&quot; Fresh, excellent antipasti table, great food at reasonable prices. They have a large tented outdoor area that has stunning views of the sea. Highly recommend.
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 03:20 PM

Good evening, Fairsat Would consider using Sorrento for a night or two. Can not suggest for any along the Amalfi<BR>as have not stayed at any as used this<BR>area for day trips outof Sorrento on<BR>excellant bus service. Suggest the<BR>Bellevue Syrene, a four star located very close the Pza Tasso and seaward rooms have an excellant view of the Bay<BR>of Naples, Naples and Vesuvius. By taking the railroad Circumvesuvia in<BR>about a half hour are in Pompeii. The<BR>Ferry goes from the Marina to Marina <BR>Capri. If you want to stay on Capri<BR>my suggestion would be the Syrene which<BR>is a three star 34 rooms with swimming<BR>pool.Surf on yahoo search for both hotels for more information and etc.<BR>From Capri, ferries also run to Positano<BR>and Naples... Would not think you really<BR>need a rental..Bus , rail and water are<BR>there....Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..