Where to stay in Burgundy

Apr 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay in Burgundy

Which are within Burgundy would you consider more scenic. The villages south of Beaune OR the villages around Cluny (south Burgundy)?

Hoping to find a place with the view of the vineyards.

Names of the villages would be helpful too.

Thanks
Apr 10th, 2014, 12:59 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=nuit...=1600&bih=1075

How about Nuits-Saint-Georges, one of the most prestigious of Burgudny wine names - smallish village close to Beaune and in midst of vineyards.
Apr 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM

There are so many it's hard to pick! I would suggest villages between Beaune and Santenay such as: Pommard, Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet, Chassagne-Montrachet, Santenay, Mercurey. Let me know if you need additional help or contact me via email.
Thanks.
Apr 10th, 2014, 04:52 PM

i would suggest to choose Beaune and day trip the village wineries from there. We did that last during harvesting time in September/October and it was beautiful with weather helping out. The villages mentioned above are all within easy drive from Beaune. We enjoyed that mode of action immensely, using the bigger town for evening meal and strolling. Gigantic public parking lot available in Beaune...no fee. We stayed at a small hotel in the heart of Beaune, two blocks from aformentioned parking. Athanor Hotel. (see pics, next post).

The Patriarche Family winery in downtown Beaune is massive and most welcoming to guests.
Apr 10th, 2014, 10:57 PM

Stay in Puligny Montrachet at Domaine des Anges with Celine and John. Small town with several wineries.

Be sure to schedule wine lunch at Olivier Leflave and then plan for a nap. Wonderful dining room for dinner at the hotel across the square. If scheduled in advance, Celine will prepare dinner for you.

One of my all time favorite B&B's. Vineyards all around. Easy base to tour the southern portion of Burgundy.
Apr 10th, 2014, 11:21 PM

another vote for Nuit St Georges
Apr 12th, 2014, 04:00 AM

I've stayed twice in Chagny at the Chateau del Bellecroix. It is located right off the N6 and is 10 miles south of Beaune. Good, albeit somewhat expensive restaurant with reproductions of the great Masters in the dining room: http://www.chateau-bellecroix.com/