Reload this Page >

where to stay in Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 07:19 AM
john

My girlfriend and are going to Amsterdam for a week around the New Year. Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced hotel? Or we would be even more interested in renting an apartment style place or something with kitchen facilities.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 06:44 PM
Danna

John, <BR> <BR>The Hotel Washington, I found it in the Fodor's book (check the websight here). It was great! I don't know what your idea of reasonable is, but my experience is that Amsterdam is ALWAYS BOOKED and even if the room may cost... everything else is very reasonable...

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 02:38 AM

Whenever I go to Amsterdam (quite a lot for both business and pleasure)I stay in the Botel, a sort of converted ferry near the main staion. THe rooms (cabins?) are reasonably sized and the rates are pretty good. I have stayed in other hotels (landlocked) and I feel that this is the best value for money in the city. (Usually about £40 room only)

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 05:10 AM
frank

Try the Botel.(a ship near centraal station.) <BR>If you dont book NOW you'll find it difficult to get anywhere.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 07:37 AM
carey

try the Hotel Rembrandt. Nice hotel $80.00 a night for a double room