Reload this Page >

Can't decide--Krakow or Zagreb?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 10:05 AM
Linda

I have the opportunity to go to Vienna in December but can't decide whether to go northeast to Krakow & area or southwest to Zagreb & area. I have been to Prague, Budapest and Berlin & want to see something different. What do you suggest & why? Thanks.

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 08:02 PM
Jenna

Have never been to Zagreb but Krakow is beautiful & historical. You can go to the concentration camp & down to the Tatras near Zarpane.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 03:18 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>Usually I'd say Krakow. But you've helpfully given background enough for me to say that you would enjoy Zagreb, Split and Dubrovnik, in Croatia. Zagreb is smaller than your three cities, though the lower town just north of the railway station is not unlike Berlin, and the upper town town on its two hills not unlike Prague. Split is extraordinary, a city centre within a Roman palace, and Dubrovnik is small and beautiful, a provincial (and less crowded) Venice. Zagreb to Split is an ovenight railway sleeper, and Split to Dubrovnik is a four hour bus. <BR> <BR>Please write if I can help further. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 05:16 AM
Bob

Krakow! Without a doubt. <BR>The Wielczka Salt mine ALONE is worth the trip. That place is absolutely fantastic - You must see it. As long as you're close, visit Zakopane in the mountains. Not too much to see but decent skiing and very scenic and generally a great place to relax.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 09:02 AM
Mitch

I agree with Bob.., definately go with Krakow! Especially the mention of going a little south..., to Zakopane! Krakow is gorgeous and and historical.., beautiful little town square. And Zakopane was a a quaint little ski town. Where ever you decide have a great time!