Where to stay for a day in Plitvice Lakes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2023, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a full day to spend in Plitvice lakes park, either on our way north from Split, or on our return trip to Dubrovnik. What area should we look at accommodations? We will be travelling from Dubrovnik to Slovenia and then back to Dubrovnik, so are able to schedule in the Lakes either direction.
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 04:40 PM

We really enjoyed our stay at Plitvice Miric Inn which is just outside the park. It's a 5-minute drive to Entrance 2. In 2019 the rate was 130 euros which included a magnificent home-made breakfast buffet, one of the best I've ever had. At the time the Inn was serving a fabulous dinner for 20 euros per person. I know they stopped this during Covid; not sure if they resumed serving dinners. You should ask if you decide to stay here.
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 04:40 PM

It has been a while, but in 2015 we opted to stay at a nearby hotel: Hotel Degenia. It was clean and comfortable and a short distance to one of the Park's entrances. I believe there are also accommodations at the lakes but they didn't look as appealing at the time. Of course, much may have changed by now!

We followed Rick Steves' recommendations for viewing the park and had a great time. Have a wonderful trip!
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 06:01 PM

When I was planning our trip, several people on this forum mentioned that the hotels inside the park were not that nice and the meals weren't very good. Not sure if that is still the case. Rialtogirl, on this forum, recommended Plitvice Miric Inn, and we were very happy with our stay there, including the meals, which is important to us.
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 10:41 PM

Unfortunately, Plitvice Miric Inn no longer does dinners. The reason is, they cannot find enough staff.

They told me there is a new restaurant across the street, and that people are happy with it. And that breakfast is even better than before, with a lot of extra cakes.

I am going in September so I will know about the new restaurant after that. Prices might be higher than 2019 do to the increases in, well, everything.
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

KarenWoo and Realtogrl - YIKES Plitvice Miric is already sold out for the 3 different dates we could make it there, in October! Thankyou for the suggestion, though

KTtravel - Hotel Degenija does have availability and looks like a good fit. Thank you for your tip!

I just love this forum…you all are so helpful and kind, Fodor’s is my Go To whenever we are planning a vacation! Thankyou!!!
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gypsy8
KarenWoo and Realtogrl - YIKES Plitvice Miric is already sold out for the 3 different dates we could make it there, in October! Thankyou for the suggestion, though

KTtravel - Hotel Degenija does have availability and looks like a good fit. Thank you for your tip!

I just love this forum…you all are so helpful and kind, Fodor’s is my Go To whenever we are planning a vacation! Thankyou!!!
They close for the season mid-October.. sometimes earlier. Most likely this is the case. But you will find something fab, I’m sure…
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 11:03 AM

We stayed at the Plitvice Falls Cottage (book through Booking dot com)
Address: Plitvica Selo 47/2 , 53231 Plitvica Selo, Croatia
Phone: +385 99 190 1031
GPS Coordinates: N 044° 53.957, E 15° 35.951

It's right near the secret "3rd Entrance" in a quiet area. They serve breakfast and dinner. The rooms are very comfortable and modern.
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 02:24 PM

We had a similar trip in 2017 and had trouble finding accommodations near the park. We found a place called Apartments Ana on booking.com. It was a private home with two rented rooms / suites. I recall that it cost US$110 per night, which included a cooked breakfast. It was a one star set up but very clean and well located. There was a nice local restaurant within a 10 minute walk and the park was a five? minute drive. Good luck, the park is beautiful.
Old Aug 8th, 2023, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Thankyou for the tip, MichGuy…I will have a look at this place!
Old Aug 8th, 2023, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, halfapair! PFC is booked for our dates, too!!!! Choices are slim for that period, which is surprising considering it is into October
Old Aug 12th, 2023, 08:11 AM

Gypsy, we're also going in early October. After looking at Miric we've opted for Plitvica River House because I wanted to be within walking distance of an entrance. Like Plitvice Falls this is also close to that 3rd entrance so I guess we'll see how well that works. I didn't find any reviews from Fodorites but the Booking.com reviews seem pretty positive so I'm hoping they live up to expectations!