Where to stay - Bologna area

Feb 28th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay - Bologna area

Need accommodation recommendations:

This May two couples (late 50s) are planning on spending 2 days and one night in Bologna. Its our one chance to see this Italian city.

We will be coming from the Veneto and could either drive or take the train. If we drove, wed prefer a beautiful B&B or apartment for one night OUTSIDE of Bologna with easy train or bus access. If we train wed prefer something in the heart of Bologna that is nice.

Budgeting is always an issue of course. Right now, we are looking for something in the neighborhood of 80 euro per couple and perhaps a bit more if we stay inside the city.

Can you help us with any shelter recs? Also, Id love dinner recommendations as well and also
things to do in Bologna during our two days there..
Thanks
Tuscanson
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM

We stayed with this wonderful couple, Roberto and Maria, who ran a B&B in their apartment right in Bologna. They were just wonderful, and Maria, who also gives cooking lessons, made incredible breakfasts each morning. That was in October. Just as we were leaving they were preparing to move to a house in the countryside just outside of Bologna, but within easy reach of town, where they were setting up their B&B in the new location, which sounded lovely. I would not hesitate to stay with them again. Who knows, it may be just the thing for you. This was the website I had for them, you might check on their current status...

http://www.accoglientebologna.it/eng_breakfast.htm
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Hi again, I just went ot check the site, and their new location is in Budrio, just 18k east of Bologna, reachable easily by train (every 30 minutes; 2-3 Euro; or car.
Hope you check them out- Good luck!
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM

We liked this B&B: http://www.miramonte-bologna.it/index.html
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM

http://www.albergocentralebologna.it

I stayed at Albergo Centrale for a week in Nov 06. Great location - literally a 5 minute walk to the main square - a 10-15 minute walk to the train station.

love Bologna....
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM

If you drive I suggest you AGRITURISMO CAVAIONE www.agriturismocavaione.it good location, good price
If you travel by train I suggest you the B&B BLUE ANGEL, in the center of Bologna.

Have a nice trip, ciao.

Vincenzo
Feb 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a tutto for the good ideas! I wish I could be more specific in what I'm looking for, but we're still pretty loosely planning.