Reload this Page >

Where to Pick-Up Auto Rental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Sue

Where would be a good place to pick up our rental car in or near Munich? Having to drive in the city of Munich sounds pretty scary. What about picking it up at the train station or the airport? Thanks.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Rex

Well, the airport is certainly painless enough, but there is typically a surcharge (xx%, applicable to the entire cost of the rental). <BR>

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 09:29 AM
guy

If you are flying out of MUC..then it makes much sense to pick up and drop off your car at the MUC airport..I rented a car in FRA and dropped it off in MUC...and to the best of my recollection, there was a small airport fee charge..but it was nomimal..Also, from downtown MUC to the airport is a fairly lengthy drive..but the rental car drop off facility at the airport was very convenient...

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Al

I'm flying into Munich, picking up car at airport. After traveling for a week in Bavaria and Austria, I'm dropping the car at the Hertz office at Holiday Inn on Leopoldstrasse near Englischer Gardens. We'll being staying for four more days in Munich and this dropoff is near my hotel. No extra charge for dropoff at in town site.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 03:46 PM
bo_jack

Pick-up at the Munich airport is very easy. However, if you are capable of driving in any major American city, Munich will be quite easy. The streets are good and well-posted, and the drivers, on the whole, are much more considerate than American drivers.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Sue

Thanks for the replies! We will be arriving from Salzburg via the train. Do you think it would be better to take the train to the airport or rent it from the train station. Thanks

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Mary

We did make plans to pick up a car at Munich train station a few years ago, and it cost a few extra bucks. Our train from Vienna arrived after the rental car office closed; so we had to get a hotel in Munich for the night. So, check your train schedule. <BR> <BR>Nonetheless, it was easy enough to get the car at the train station.