Reload this Page >

Where to go next?

Search

Where to go next?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Lori

Where to go next?

I love France and Italy, but have been there many times that I'm getting into a rut. I've also visited England, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein (sp??), Germany, Austria, Greece, and Switzerland. What's your favorite place that I should visit next?

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Rex

1. Spain and Portugal<BR>2. Poland and the Czech Republic<BR>3. Ireland<BR>4. Scandinavia<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Patrick

Wow, Rex, were you reading my mind? That's my list, except I was thinking of reversing Ireland and Scandinavia, and I'd add Hungary to Poland and Czech Republic (just for Budapest). And then I thought about Turkey. . .

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Art

Hi Lori, I spent a week in Hungary and 6 days in the Czech Republic 2 years ago. They are both great with a number of day trips. Budapest is in the most setting of any city in Europe. Poland is also very worth a trip. I spent a week there last Sept. There is a lot tosee there including Gdansk, Torun, Warsaw,Marlbork and Krakaw. Krakow has a number of side trips that you could take. Denmark, Norway and Sweden are also possibilities. Where ever you go, have a great trip.<BR>Regards<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Wayne

Lori--<BR>Well, I've been to all the places your posters have named so far. Of those, plus my own favorites, I would say you should combine Slovenia, the Czech Republic, and Hungary for a wonderful vacation with lots of variety and new experiences. I'd even throw in part of Austria if you haven't been in the Carinthia region. When you say you've been to Austria, it's like saying you've been to the U.S. It's so diverse that the different regions seem like different states, each with their own appeal. Anyway, you couldn't go wrong with any of the suggested places, but I think there's a special atmosphere around the areas I named; plus the cities (such as Prague and Budapest) and the wonderful little villages really make it a great trip. Good luck on whatever you choose.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:43 AM
joan

You say you have visited England? How about trying Wales. Loads to see and do and totally different culturally from England. If you want a foreign languge challenge go to the North or West Wales, where Welsh is the first language. Though English is understood all over. Wales has castles, countryside, mountains, lakes, National Parks and seashores and great cities for shopping.