Reload this Page >

where to go in Italy from Nice, France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 08:09 PM
Mark

My wife is going on a business trip to Nice, France in late Febuary and afterwards we will have about 7 to 10 days to see Italy. We have never been there and would like to see what we can without constantly being on the run. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We were contemplating seeing one big city for part of the trip (either Rome or Venice possibly)

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 01:12 PM
PJ

Hi Mark! We spent 10 days in Italy a couple of years ago. We arrived in Rome and spent 2 nights (I had been there before), drove to Tuscany via Orvieto and spent 4 nights near San G, drove to Levanto and visited the Cinque Terre for 2 nights and then drove to Venice for 2 nights. Many thought we were doing too much, but we had a wonderful time. It was well planned so went smoothly.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Dayle

Hi Mark! Assuming you and your wife are not interested in seeing anything further in France, Italy being the main objective....Great opportunity & time to see the major cities. Shouldn't be crowded, hotel rates down. For a winter trip, I would train or fly from Nice to Florence & spend 2 or 3 nights. Pick up car & see some of Tuscany/Umbria. Drop car in Orvieto & stay at least 1 night. Wonderful town, lots to see. Train to Rome spend 3 nights. Personally I would recommend a mix of countryside/cities. If you are diehard museum/architecture/history buffs, spend less time in Tuscany and more in the cities. <BR> <BR>Plan B: If you ski, you might enjoy some time in the Dolomites! Gorgeous scenery & fun skiing. Then on to Venice...

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 11:49 PM
run

Hi Mark, <BR>Visit Liguria Riviera di Levante(Camogli , S.Fruttuoso , Portofino, Cinque Terre), S.Gimignano and Val D'orcia in Tuscany (Pienza, Montepulciano). I usually contact for my trip in Italy catherina([email protected]), a young operator. She found for us accomodations, car and guide in Venice in a short time.GOOD LUCK

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 04:17 AM
snorkelman

trip in feb huh? well, if you want to be warmer, go further south. In general, rome really requires 4 days to see but venice can be seen in much less time. for only 7-10 days WITHOUT BEING RUSHED i would suggest going to venice and maybe florence (and maybe stopping in pisa for a photo op). And skip rome this trip. Otherwise, just head down to rome and skip venice and the other stuff.