Where to go for short stay?

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 01:14 PM
Howard

Where to go for short stay?

Hello <BR> <BR>I am lucky enough to be able to travel for a short vacation for about 5 days in mid-November. I am going by myself and can afford one of the relatively cheap airfares available starting November 1. I will take any tips on where to go in Europe. <BR> <BR>I would prefer a medium to large city, but not a huge one (e.g. London, Paris). I would like a place where you can spend a good 3 or 4 days, and then I would like to maybe spend one day taking a nice day trip. <BR> <BR>Some of my thoughts are Lisbon, Copenhagen (to where there is a really good air deal right now, but the weather may be a bit dreary), Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt (for some of the places around - maybe Cologne or Heidelberg). <BR> <BR>Any thoughts or suggestions? <BR> <BR>Thanx, Howard

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 01:28 PM
Barry

I really like Amsterdam.Friendly people and a wonderful selection of things to do and see.HAVE FUN.

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Maira

Howard, you have some good ones already in mind. May I add Seville, Edinburgh, and Innsbruck?

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 01:51 PM
Vicki

What about Florence or Naples/Amalfi Coast?

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 11:22 PM
Howard

Thank you for your responses. They are all good ones. However, I have been to Amsterdam (a great city), Seville, Florence, Naples, and the Amalfi coast previously and want to go to som place new. Edinburgh sounds really nice also, and is relatively cheap to get to - a definite possibility. As an English speaking city, it would give more of an opportunity to meet other people. <BR> <BR>Would also take suggestions for non-European locations. (live in DC) <BR> <BR>Thanx again!! <BR> <BR>Howard

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 05:44 AM
Steve

up

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 06:07 AM
s

Howard, <BR>How about Lucerne or Montreux in Switzerland? Lucerne if you want the German-speaking cosy mountain views and Montreux for French-flavored Switzerland. They are just right for 3-4 days of exploring and one great day-trip. E-mail me for more info (or do a search for each city here). <BR> <BR>s

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 06:22 AM
bo_jack

I agree that Edinburgh would be an excellent choice if weather cooperates. However, I also recommend Munich as satisfying all of your criteria (again, depending on weather). Medium-large, but not huge, city, direct flights from the US, many possibilities for day trips.