Christmas in Spain

Oct 4th, 2000, 04:27 PM
V Townsend

Christmas in Spain

Any suggestions for our first trip to this country? Gracias!

Oct 6th, 2000, 02:36 PM
c.mcarthur

I am looking for suggestions for 10 days in Spain for my family. We have airline tickets and my daughter is going to school there. But we need to make all of the resevations and plan the trip. Help. When are you going? This is our first trip overseas! Necesitamos Ayuda. Gracias

Oct 6th, 2000, 04:41 PM
Maira

I always recommend Andalucia (Southern Spain) to a Spain first time visitor. I would fly into Madrid, train or fly on to Seville and do day trips to the Pueblos Blancos, Granada, Cordova, etc... The holidays are a beautiful time of the year in Spain.

C MCarthur, when are you going? Where is your daughter going to school?

Oct 7th, 2000, 07:04 AM
C. Mcarthur

Maria,We are flying out Dec. 19 and back Dec.20. She is studing in Madrid and will be flying back. She has been there 10 days and is having the time of her life! Thanks for your suggestions. Any suggestion where to stay?

V. when is your trip and have you made many plans?

Oct 7th, 2000, 07:18 AM
Maira

C--- something isn't right about the dates; did you mean Dec 9-20?

As far as hotels in Madrid, my personal favorite is Hotel Mora ($55/double), across from El Prado Museum and very close to the Atocha Train Station. I have also stayed at the Hotel Atlantico ($100/double) in la Gran Via, and thought about Hotel Santo Domingo ($100/double). All highly recommended, clean, comfortable, very good value. Let me know if you need websites for these. As far as sightseeing, definitely Toledo, Segovia, Avila, even Salamanca (a wonderful University town east of Madrid).

V---- any thoughts on preferred sightseeing?

Oct 8th, 2000, 07:53 AM
C.mcarthur

Thanks for the info. Maria. yes, my dates were wrong 19-29. So far I think we will spend the first few days in Madrid, then to Sevilla and spend Christmas there. I would like any recommendations if anyone has been there for Christmas for any thing special. The AlfonsoXIII has been recommended but it may be too pricey? I am thinking of Train to Sevilla and then renting a car to travel from there???Thanks for any suggestions.

Oct 8th, 2000, 08:26 AM
Alana

We went to Spain the day after Christmas last year, returning Jan.8th. We happened to do what Maria recommended: Madrid, TVA to Seville, rented a car and explored from there. We stayed at the Hotel Ingles and Hotel Mora in Madrid which is close to the Prado and the Museo Thyssien-Bornimiza and the train station. Retiro Park was lovely and near the Decorative Arts Museum. In Seville, we loved the Casa de Juderia (excuse any incorrect spelling)- very charming and well located, about $110 US for 3. It's easy to spend a few days in this city. We stayed in the Pueblo Blanco of Frontera de los Arcos at the Hotel Los Olivos which had a beautiful view and charming accomodations. The Parador is stunning and a must for end of day drinks. We really enjoyed our trip and are starting the holidays this year in Barcelona. Have a wonderful time!