Where to get Maps?

Apr 30th, 1999, 10:01 AM
Sandy

Where to get Maps?

Where can we get good maps for regions and/or cities in Italy? We are going in June so need to have them mailed soon.

Apr 30th, 1999, 10:15 AM
dan

If you know anyone who belongs to AAA, they have them for foreign countries. In fact, I got an Italy one from them recently. Bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Borders sell them, but they are fairly expensive. You might also try used book stores. I have found them there. Also, Fodors puts them in the back of some guidebooks. Some public libraries have maps as well. You could try the U.S. Italian tourist bureau office, but I don't know whether you would get them by June.

Apr 30th, 1999, 10:16 AM
dan

If you know anyone who belongs to AAA, they have them for foreign countries. In fact, I got an Italy one from them recently. Bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Borders sell them, but they are fairly expensive. You might also try used book stores. I have found them there. Also, Fodors puts them in the back of some guidebooks. Some public libraries have maps as well. You could try the U.S. Italian tourist bureau office, but I don't know whether you would get them by June.

Apr 30th, 1999, 10:22 AM
Maira

Amazon.com has a great selection of maps as well, if you can't get to a Barnes & Noble or Borders....

Apr 30th, 1999, 10:51 AM
elaine

My favorite maps for major cities are published by Streetwise. Many large bookstores carry these maps.
Here is their website www.streetwisemaps.com

There are definitely Streetwise maps for Florence, Venice, Rome. Not sure about Milan and other cities. These maps are laminated, pocket sized, complete, easy to read, have street gazeteers as well.

Apr 30th, 1999, 11:30 AM
Walter

Ditto "Streetwise", they are also indestructable and will last for years. Costs $6. Regards, Walter

Apr 30th, 1999, 05:41 PM
Maira

Another vote for Streetwise ________. They are light years ahead in quality and convenience to the other map developers. Case in point is Streetwise Paris; best streets map of Paris, hands down.

May 1st, 1999, 09:58 PM
Donna

Another good resource for maps is www.globecorner.com.