where to eat in Dublin

Search

where to eat in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to eat in Dublin

Hi, I'll be travelling late November with my three teenage daughters to Ireland so that I can introduce some of their Irish heritage to them! Looking for some suggestions and recommendations of where to eat in the city/by the Airport which I think is in the north part of the city. Thanking you!

Last edited by michandatt; Aug 29th, 2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old Aug 29th, 2018, 07:43 AM

Gosh its hard to say without knowing what your preferences would be food wise. Would you like to try some Irish traditional food or European dishes? Dublin is big city though so I would look at where you are staying and look at restaurants close to that part of the city?

Last edited by Mary300; Aug 29th, 2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old Aug 29th, 2018, 06:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Farm to table is really big here and menus change. Salmon is so good but they also make the best burgers. They are cooked done but Irish beef is juicy and tasty. The Boxty house in Temple bar is one of my favorite places to eat. The Farm 3 Dawson St. Pubs are good. Look for a pub with a carvery. On Grafton st, you will find Bewley's cafe which has been totally renovated and it is a must stop for tea, coffee or something to eat. St Stephen's Green shopping centre has an eclectic mix of food your kids would like. Take our from Marks and Spencer or eat in their cafe. Where are you staying close to the airport? Malahide or Sword?
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 02:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. Macross where is Farm to table in the city? We are staying in the city centre as we aren't familar with the city at all so wanted to make sure we were central to most things. I guess we would like to try a range of different cuisine in the city and then probably somewhere closer to the airport before we catch our flight.
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 04:30 AM

Farm to table is a social movement which promotes locally sourced produce, meat, cheese etc. The Pig's ear and the farm are a couple examples. Try Fallon and Bryne food hall on exchequer st. The Queen of Tarts on Cows lane is fun and the girls would enjoy that. thechurch.ie is amazing just to see.
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 04:48 AM

In the city centre I love Winding Stair and either the Brazen Head or Abbey Tavern are traditional style old Irish pubs where you can get a real authentic Irish experience. If you are looking for somewhere in the north part of the city before you catch your flight Italian Kitchen is nice & its close to the airport. Have fun, Dublin is such a great place to visit!
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 05:02 PM

Ditto on Winding Stair.