Reload this Page >

Where to buy museum card?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Catherine

I think I'm addicted to this site (so does my husband!) But...can anyone tell me where on-line to buy a "cartes musee" for Paris? I'm going for a week so think a five day would be long enough. Again, so does my husband!!

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Tammy

I'm not sure where you can purchase a carte musee online. However, I recommend just waiting until you get there to purchase the card. It is no trouble at all, and that way you wouldn't have to worry about any service charges or shipping costs. Just go to any site or museum allowing admission using the card and purchase the card there. Definitely go to one of the smaller places first, like Ste Chapelle or Rodin Museum, the lines aren't as long as compared to the Louvre or Musee D'Orsay. I believe you can also purchase the card at the larger metro stations. Have a great trip to Paris! <BR> <BR>Tammy

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Shayne

We bought our passes at a metro station. It was VERY easy. That's what I'd do again! Enjoy your trip! <BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Donna

There are several websites where you can order these in advance and have them either mailed to you or delivered to your hotel in Paris. The markup is hefty, though. And, they are sold at the front desks of many Paris hotels. You can usually buy one at the nearest metro station, or, if not, the next one after that. They are also for sale at all participating venues. Although, it's best to plan to purchase them at a less mobbed place that the Louvre or Musee d'Orsay. For a week long trip, you'll probably be just fine with a three day pass. Keep in mind that most museums are closed either on Monday or Tuesday, so plan accordingly. The passes are for consecutive days, so you should also plan your visits to places not included on other days. It's also a good idea to highlight all the places you plan to visit on a one-page map of Paris and plan your itinerary accordingly, so you're not wasting valuable time criss crossing the city. And, don't do too much walking on your way to the Louvre - you'll walk many miles once inside!

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 12:12 PM
Lynn

How much do the carte musées cost if bought at the Metro or the museums? <BR>Also , how do you use the Carte Visite for the Metro (3 day card)? You can't insert it into the machine like the regular tickets, can you?

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Tina

If you enter 'Paris Museum Pass' in a few search engines (www.lycos.com) or (www.google.com) you'll likely come up with some options for on-line purchase of the Carte Musee. <BR> <BR>However it really is quite easy to purchase the pass once you're there. And as a previous poster mentioned, when purchasing a 3 or a 5 day, it's good for 3 or 5 CONSECUTIVE days. When I was in Paris (April 99) I bought my pass at the metro stop closest to my hotel. It was the Varenne stop (in neighborhood of Rodin Museum); used my credit card and had no wait or difficulty with the transaction.