Reload this Page >

Where is ORY-Orly airport in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Terry

How close is the ORY-Orly airport in Paris to CDG? Is it in the same facility? Have a flight arriving in CDG and one departing ORY four hours later and wanted to get my bearings right.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Bob

Orly is South East of Paris and CDG is <BR>North East of Paris. Can take up to an hour to travel between them.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Ess

Terry, here is some info I copied from the Fodor's site and pasted here for you: <BR> <BR>The major gateways to France are Charles de Gaulle/Roissy (CDG) (also known as Roissy; 26 km/16 mi northeast of Paris, PHONE: 01-48-62-22-80 in English) and Orly (ORY) (16 km/10 mi south of Paris, PHONE: 01-49-75-52-52) airports, outside of Paris. Orly, however, is being transformed into an airport primarily for domestic flights. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:36 AM
elvira

With minimal luggage, take the RER between airports (one change at Antony). Allow at least 1 1/2 hours. If you are on the same airline, ask them for help on transportation - they might have a bus, or at least be willing to pay for the transport between airports.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Christina

Personally, I wouldn't recommend you take the RER between airports even with minimal baggage -- unless you are familiar with the Parisian train/metro system or very famliar with major cities' transportation systems and read French very well. There is no advantage over the Air France shuttle bus, it is more complicated (which is the main reason I don't recommend it, you have to transfer) and more expensive. Anyone can take the AF bus for about 75F and the RER costs about 100F, I think. The AF bus leaves from all terminals every 20 min in the morning and every 30 min from noon on. YOu have plenty of time, so even if traffic is very bad (which would be the only reason to take the RER instead, it might save some time but it might actually take more time), it shouldn't matter. The AF bus takes close to an hour in normal traffic and the RER will take that long, also.