Where can i find info??

Oct 11th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Ashley

Where can i find info??

I'm thinking about takin a vacation to Germany. Anyone know a website or a number i can call to get pamphlets and other information about it?

Oct 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Rex

Ashley,

An answer, and an attempt to politely offer you a little lesson in etiquette here.

You can find travel information about any country at www.towd.com - - and from there you will find a reference to http://www.germany-tourism.de as well as numerous offices around the world operated by the German National Tourist Office - - the full list is at http://www.towd.com/search.cgi?isindex=Germany

You will also find that hundreds of towns in Germany have a website called www.name-of-town.de - - just fill in the name of the town for which you are seeking info.

Now, the etiquette. Your message ought to have a "header" or title that tells what your question is about. Every question here could fall under "where can if find info?" - - and people are forced to stop and see what your question is about, whether they kow anything about Germany or not.

I hope you will come back here, and often, with more specific questions as your travel plans evolve. And post with a message header that reflects your question.

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Westerville, Ohio

Oct 11th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Rex

Oh, and now I see that you have started TWO threads, just an hour about, with the same question!

Please don't do this. You can bring a question back up to the top with any little message, no matter how inconsequential. Commonly called "topping".

Other answers are also on your "other" question, at http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=34372380

Oct 11th, 2002, 05:39 PM
tip top

topping, for Ashley

Oct 12th, 2002, 07:41 PM
b

Also try www.desteo.com.

Oct 12th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Linda

I emailed the German Embassey in Washington, D.C. and they sent some nice information. Also, try your public library to check out travel books.

Oct 14th, 2002, 08:24 AM
ooo

Get with it and start reading any of the messages posted under Germany. There are thousands of suggestions on Fodor's. Do your homework and don't expect us to plan the trip for you.

Go to work and start your research.