Where are you - Part 2

Jan 12th, 1999, 05:57 PM
becky

Where are you - Part 2

The following thread was originally posted by Denise ([email protected])
on 12/27/1998, 11:07 pm ET. I was having trouble posting a reply after 101st one so I created a new thread.

Her Message: I have been reading Fodors for 15 months now and of course, the
same names are always contributing such helpful information. Most of you
seem to come from the US. Where are you from. I have mental pictures of your faces, but can't place you on the map. Bob the Nav - well, he looks to me like a man sitting at a desk surrounded by books map and many many
travel diaries of his own, but Susan the Nav, what a happy smiling person she is with a husband like Bob who is always plotting and
planning a wonderful holiday for her. I don't know where they come from, or what their occupation is. I am in charge of a Retail Business and live in Queensland Australia.
Can the other contributors make my new year and let me put the face to the map.

My response: I'm in my early thirties and single. I call Santa Barbara, California home although I was originally born in the Philippines. When I'm not reading all the posts in this forum, I spend my time working as a marketing rep for a local insurance agency.

I've been to Europe only twice but am planning to go again this year (or next year depending on how fast I can save some money). My destination: France, Spain and Greece.
Anyone wanna come?

Jan 15th, 1999, 10:32 AM
Kay

Under the better late than never category, here's my entry...I knew I'd not done a lot of fodoring since the holidays, but when a friend told me that there was this great thread where everyone was describing themselves, I had to look and see...and there it all was...all 101 messages. But, like Becky, I could not get my message to post, so perhaps replying to Part 2 will work.

I live in Houston, Texas, and am the PR head of a biomedical research institute here. I'll happily and proudly take credit for turning both my husband and son (now grown) on to European travel.

My first trip off this continent was in 1965 when I spent the summer between my sophomore and junior years in college on a Russian language institute in Finland and Russia. Since then I've also been to England, Holland, Sweden, France, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Italy. If I could, I would return quarterly to the UK, and at least once a year EACH to Germany and Italy. But, to each his own.

Because my husband is Canadian, I lived in Canada for two decades (in Vancouver, Ottawa and Toronto) before encouraging my husband to come to Texas with me, in my case returning to my family's roots. Although we now live near Mexico and the Caribbean islands, we still save all our money for excursions to Europe. After all, one must have one's priorities! And between trips I daydream and enjoy fellow fodorites' postings here. Bon voyage!

Jan 15th, 1999, 04:16 PM
Kathy

Becky: How thoughtful of you to start Part 2 for easy access!!

Jan 15th, 1999, 04:47 PM
Denise

Hi Becky, I'm astonished Part 1 grew so much, and pleased to see Part 2.
Thank you Becky. Denise

Jan 16th, 1999, 03:47 AM
Hyalker Amaral

I am quite new to this. A friend had told about these forums and thought I'd enjoy it (Quite fascinating and funny). I am a 29 year old Brazilian-American now living 2/3 of my time in Budapest and 1/3 of my time in Prague. I am the Regional Financial Controller for Abbott Labs. I had also spent 2 1/2 years in Abbott's Int'l Audit group so that, despite the 5 days/week of work, I got to see a decent amount as we were outside the U.S. 8-9 months a year.