Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

FRANKFURT: Can I find Prada, Gucci, Chanel over there?

Jan 15th, 1999, 01:49 AM
Eileen

My parents & I will be leaving for Frankfurt very soon. I look forward to doing a lot of shopping so I would like to know if I can find my favorite brands in Frankfurt? I am interested in Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, Salvatore Ferragamo.

I am also in the lookout for some Belgian Stroopwafels. Can I find them in Frankfurt?

Please help.

Jan 15th, 1999, 02:25 AM
Trina

I don't know about the wafels, but you'll have no problem finding your favorite brands in some of the same places you'd find them back home, i.e. department stores & boutiques. But given the prices Germans charge for items like these, you'll probably save money by purchasing stateside.

Jan 15th, 1999, 04:50 AM
Lee

Eileen: Somehow, "Eileen" and "stroopwafels" seem familiar.

When you get into Frankfurt, and if I remember correctly, you will be in center city, just look for the Hauptwache. This is the main shopping district and I believe that you'll find everything that you were seeking.

Have a good trip!

Jan 15th, 1999, 09:27 AM
Rob

Yes! I believe the "nicer" shops are on and around the Goethestrasse (not 100% sure), but very close to the Hauptwache area. And keep in mind that you can get the VAT bakc (usually around 10%) on anything you buy.

Jan 16th, 1999, 07:06 AM
Eileen

Trina and Rob: "Thank you"

Lee: Yes, "Eileen" and "stroopwafels" sound familiar because you've answered my questions before. I just wanted to refresh my memory before I depart for Frankfurt. Thank you for all your help!