Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where are you going next? Or where are you dreaming about going next?

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Karen

For me, hopefully Peru. Or maybe Prague and Vienna. Maybe I'm silly to post this questions, because I'm the one that came never decide what's next!!!!

What about you???? Where to next???

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 05:33 PM
cdf

Maybe London for a wedding in March,possibly Paris next fall.My son wants us to come visit him in the summer in Japan.So, I have a choice of dreams this year C

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 05:48 PM
MC

Late April, next year, I plan to go to Lisbon, visiting Sintra and Evora from there. Then, onto a cruise to Madeira and Funchal, Casablanca, Morocco, Malaga, ending in Barcelona, in Spain. From there, maybe flying onto Sevilla, for four days, or to Rome, for five days...

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 05:59 PM
Judi

If I'm not planning, I'm not breathing!
We're going back to Nerja for the fourth time in April. It's our favorite place. In September we are going to Switzerland. We are staying for two weeks at each place. I would love to squeeze in another Europe trip in 2002, perhaps a Go-Today to the UK, but my husband is not quite as passionate as I when it comes to travel.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 06:21 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

After a dozen trips to Europe in the past 8 years we are going west in May.
Sante Fe, Durango/Ouray, Mesa Verde,and then a week in Yellowstone. We have traveled the world, but I have never seen any of these destinations. Seems like the time.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Bob Brown

I am seriously dreaming of Vaux le Vicomte, the Berner Oberland, the mountains of Austria, and Munich.
Of course Paris will be a stop on the way to Melun and Vaux-le-Vicomte.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 06:57 PM
John G

I might go live in Japan for a year. We will have to wait and see. While Im over there, I would like to take a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. Im sure in the future I will go to Afghanistan, when everything calms down. I have this vision of me on the back of a donkey with a Louis Vuitton steamer trunk. Can't you just picture it?? I would also like to go to Poland and visit Auschwitz someday. I would go now, but my Karma won't allow it. I don't know why, but, it said not yet.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 07:02 PM
ron

I'm with you, Bob--this is a terrific day trip from Paris. For those going by train, check the schedule in Melun for
express service back to Paris so you will know what time to cab back to the station. The web site is www.vaux-le-vicomte.com

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Danna

I just booked flights to Amsterdam and on to Edinburgh (heading south to Kirkcudbright)... been checking for a bit, and they went higher each and every day ARGH... I ended up booking the sections separately through Expedia. I call NWA and KLM and even tho these were their flights, they couldn't match the fares. I found this interesting. So in April Tulips and Pubs for us!

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 07:19 PM
beth anderson

John G:

HA HA HA.

Ab Fab right? v. good.

can I visit you in Japan?

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 07:33 PM
c

John-I can see you now on that donkey-is that someone behind you with a large parasol? :0)~
When my son went to live in Japan, he waited a few months before he started venturing out farther than his little town and Tokyo.After he had been there a year, he biked/trained/ferried to the northern islands..some have Japanese/Russian street signs,they are so far north.He loved it,took two weeks and just wandered,went to onsens,met lovely friendly people.No matter what he will do for the rest of his life or where he will live-he has the most fantastick memories..so I think you (anyone) should go to Japan if you can, I think it is good for the "soul"

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 02:34 AM
Judy

I'm planning a trip to Scandinavia and am amazed that there aren't more inquiries about this destination. Judy

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 03:38 AM
Julie

Very excited to be planning a couple of days before Christmas in Charleston on our way to a condo in Florida. Should be beautiful in town and surrounding plantations with Christmas decorations and all. The Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Naples, Sarasota nad Tarpon Springs, maybe New Orleans on the way home.

Planned a European vacation for next fall: Prague, Vienna, Trieste and Istrian peninsula, then down Dalmatian coast to Dubrovnik, a dream destination for years. Didn't get the enthusiastic response I was hoping for from fellow travelers so now working on Bordeaux, Ile de Re, Britanny, Normandy, Ile de France, Ardennes and other spots in Belgium before returning home from Brussels. Hoping for cheap flights later this spring to Paris or London. Interested in the stuff I'm reading about really cheap flights from London to other spots in Europe. Seems to open new possibilities.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 03:39 AM
xxx

Doing the "tropical thing" in Jamaica for Christmas week.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 04:43 AM
Vita

My next trip will probably be to Ireland or the UK.

I bacically want to go everywhere. I think every place will have it's charms, but in the not too distance future, I plan to visit:

Spain (Andalusia, Madrid, Barcelona, Bilboa)

Peru - I'd love to do some hiking and see Machu Piccu

Egypt

Italy (again and again and again, haven't seen Venice, Pompeii, or Sicily yet)

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Joe

Got a wedding in Scotland in mid-May. Long weekend around Edinburgh (because of good friends, we've been to Scotland several times). Then, we will hop over to Belgium for nine days. We'll do a big circle from Brussels through the Ardennes, Antwerp, Gent, Brugge. Haven't been to Belgium, so we are really looking forward to it. Got some good ideas and tips from this Board. Thank you.
In July, we will go to Poland for 25 days. Again, (our style) a big circle. Once thought we would do some Poland in conjunction with something else (Hungary, Germany, Austria). But, quickly found out that Poland has much to offer and deserves a trip of it's own.
Bob The Navigator: Your gonna love that part of the Country. Sante Fe is delightful. Be sure to get up to Taos.
Judy: Did 25 days in Scandinavia last year. If I can help with any info, please ask. I was also surprised at the lack of information about Scandinavia on this board. If you post some questions, Bjorn might see them and he really knows the area, especially Norway. Wonderful part of the world.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 08:45 AM
Kathleen

Paris!! If things go right (or wrong) the first two weeks in January, otherwise Feb or March...

Then in the fall off to Scotland to visit some friends, or possibly a cruise to the Galapogos!

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 08:50 AM
teri

Italy next fall!

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Thyra

WHOO-HOO I am glad someone asked... off to Kenya in April... (Rainy season I know but what the heck the price was great) flying to Kenya via... NYC and Amsterdam.. with a 5 day stop over in A'dam on the way back, and a day trip to Brugge.........Happy and safe travels to all!!!

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Patti

Going to England or the American southwest summer 2002 but I'm always DREAMING of Italy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information