Reload this Page >

When to buy tickets to Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Starla

I will be going to Ireland in May 2003. I've seen really cheap tickets on travelocity but so far they are only good for travel through February 2003. What is the best time to buy airline tickets for May? Should I just be patient and wait to see if cheap tickets are offered in a month or two? Also, has anyone been to the music festival in Ennis?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Alyssa

Check out AerLingus's website. They seem<BR>to have pretty cheap flights.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Ann

Just be patient. Closer to the date is when you'll start to see specials. May isn't peak season, but it's still not the cheapest time to go. Aer Lingus usually comes up with some good sales, but I just don't like flying with them.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Ann

Meant to say--wait until February at the earliest to buy, unless you can find something for around $300 (inc. tax) before then.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Starla

I meant to include that I will be leaving from Denver, CO. so fares will be more than leaving from the east coast. The cheapest I've found so far is $447 but limited to travel through February 2003. I'll try to control my impatience until the first of the year but won't really believe I'm going until I have the tickets in hand.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 07:02 AM
barb

Be patient you should be able to pay around $350 on Aer Lingus or Travelocity will also offer some cheap tickets. You should set up your travelocity to warn you of changes in fares under their Fare Watcher section. It's how I plan all my trips. Set up my favorite cities in Europe and because I'm always flexible on time I can jump when the flights are cheap.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 01:21 PM
csr

Ann,<BR>What are your reasons for not liking Aer Lingus?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:13 AM
starla

I was wondering the same thing. I flew Aer Lingus in 2000 and they were wonderful. The service was good and they were on time. What else can you ask for?