Reload this Page >

What's your fondue recipe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 02:01 PM
Richard

I've been using this one for more than 30 years. Swiss Gruyere, Emmenthaler and Appenzeller, in a garlic-rubbed pot with Neuchatel and a mixture of cornstarch and Kirschwasser. Serve with a 3-day old baguette for dipping. Anyone losing the bread in the fondue has to down a shot of Kirschwasser! A green salad first course.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:20 PM
Richard

Richard....this is my recipe for Swiss Fondue, which I picked-up from a wonderful little restaurant/pension that my husband and I stayed in Zermatt in the early 60's..goes like this <BR> <BR>Classic Swiss Fondue <BR>1 clove garlic, halved, 2 cups very dry white wine, 1 lb coursely grated Gruyere or Emmenthaler (I use 1/2 and 1/2)3 tblsp flour, 1/4 cup kirsch, nutmeg whichis optional, but really great, salt and pepper optional, and of course cubes of sourdough french. <BR> <BR>Sounds much like yours, but try this one sometime for a change. We love it! Happy Fonduing

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:28 PM
cher4travel

Richard..this is my Fondue Receipe. I got this recipe in Zermatt in the early 60's when my husband and I were staying at a small pension/restaurant, it is much like yours, however, a little different. Try this one sometime. Goes like this

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:32 PM
cher4travel

1 clove garlic to rub inside pot, 2 cups very dry white wine, 1 lb coarsely grated Gruyere or Emmenthaler cheese of 1/2 lb each. 3tblsp flour, 1/4 cup kirsch, nutmeg (optional) and salt and pepper optional also. and of course our sourdough french. I posted this before but made a mistake on the post reply address. Hope you get this one. Happy Fonduing

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:34 PM
Art

A mixture of melted chocklet and light creme. Warm and dip Banana, Orange, Apple slices, strawberrys etc. <BR>THE BEST. <BR>

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:49 PM
xxx

Sheesh! Why don't you guys move on over to www.kitchenlink.com and "hash" this one out. Yes, it's real web address.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:30 AM
meg

No, if you drop your bread you are supposed to kiss the person sitting to your right. Makes you think about the seating order....doesn't it!