Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used AAA Hotels or www.london-uk-hotels.net? Are they legit providers?

Search

Has anyone used AAA Hotels or www.london-uk-hotels.net? Are they legit providers?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 09:11 AM
chris

The rates offered by this website are denied by operators of hotels in London. This makes me nervous. Hotels reps. indicate there are fake booking sites that scalp travelers. I'm wondering if this site is legit. Thanks.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 01:49 AM
Liz

Try www.smoothhound.co.uk They claim to be the best online directory of accommodation in the UK, and they are definitely legit.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 04:25 AM
Annie

<BR>Try laterooms.com.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 11:26 AM
chris

Thanks for the info. Liz and Annie.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 11:57 AM
Lesli

They may be legit, but get special deals with the hotels that will not be offered to you directly when you call. Then again.... <BR> <BR>You are wise to call the hotel yourself in any case, as they will sometimes give you a better price, depending on the season. You can also ask specifc questions and request a tub vs. a shower, a room facing the rear, on an upper/lower floor, etc., which you cannot usually do on the internet sites. <BR> <BR>However, if you wan to use an internet booking agent, there are plenty of them which do not require you to pre-pay. Here are just a few: <BR>www.bookhotel.com <BR>www.hotels-london.co.uk <BR>www.discountcityhotels.com <BR>www.holidaycity.com