Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What's the weather like in Paris right now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm heading to Paris next week (land on Wednesday, 5/18 and will be there for 7 days) and noticed that weather.com had partly sunny/partly cloudy predicted. Highs in the upper 60's and one day of 71. Just trying to determine the never ending question: what to pack!

Thanks!
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:11 AM

The weather in Paris right now has little to do with what you will encounter next Wednesday, except that it will still be spring.

What to pack? Layers. Be prepare for some warm, sunny days and some cool, wet evenings. A sweater or jacket. Something waterproof.

Have a nice trip!
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:46 AM
rex

I know this is a pet peeve of mine - - and do not take this as personal, TravelRibbon - - but if I were coming to YOUR town next week...

... what is the weather like right now? and can you tell me what the weather will be like next week - - and please don't use any website, nor your local newspaper or TV weatherman. Just your five senses (or additional ones, if pertinent). Or you may use your own weather instruments, if you own them.

Published sources of weather info ARE the best indicators of current weather, and to the extent that it can be forecast, weather in the near term. I do not understand why visitors to this forum want someone to "look out the window" and "divine" what the temperature WILL be... not only tonight but for days to come!

The packing advice from Robespierre seems on target.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:01 AM

I really agree with the above two posters and no one can predict Paris's weather. It can change drastically within the same day. Bring layers for sure.
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:04 AM

Hey, TravelRibbon, what's the weather going to be like in your town next week? How do you know that? Same system works for Paris...
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:22 AM

TravelRibbon - I was checking the weather way ahead of time before heading to Paris. Even the day of takeoff the week report was 55-60 every day with 20-60 percent chance of rain.

It rained only once for about 1/2 hour on my first day. The weather hovered around 60 degrees. The day before I left it jumped up to 80 and the day I left it had gone to 85. I was so grateful I packed a few lightweight items of clothing.

Have a wonderful time.
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you to those who answered my question in a polite manner. I've been on this board for several years and I've never been so shocked as to the rudeness I received from Rex and travelnut. If you didn't want to answer the question, you shouldn't have responded.

Have a nice day.
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:53 AM

TravelRibbon: I was in Berlin and Venice from 4/29-5/9. All predictions were for chilly and rain. It was 80 degrees in Berlin/70 in Venice. Rain one night in each place. Layers are the answer. And a rain hat and umbrella! Have a wonderful time!!
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
rex

I really tried to make this not about rudeness to you.

I really <b>did</b> want to answer the question - - and I did answer it in a single sentence:

&quot;Published sources of weather info ARE the best indicators of current weather, and to the extent that it can be forecast, weather in the near term.&quot;