What's the latest on the strike?

Oct 28th, 2001, 03:44 AM
J-MAC

What's the latest on the strike?

I'm on my way to Paris this week, and I'm wondering about the strike. The dreaded Agnes had a posting on another question that it was over as of yesterday. Is this true?

Oct 28th, 2001, 09:12 AM
alex

See:www.lesgreves.com. Doesn't look so, if you're refering to the Museum strike.
Shop around. Some are likely to be open.

Oct 28th, 2001, 01:02 PM
xxx.xxx

I looked at the lesgreves site and it only listed hospitals on strike but no museums, are we to assume the museum strike is over or that this site doesn't list that? can anyone in paris tell us?

Oct 28th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Joel

Strikes in France are not at all like strikes in the US. They come and go very rapidly. We lived south of Paris about 4 hours and would travel by train to Paris quite frequently. To plan around strikes is to permanently delay one's trip as some part of the tourism industry is going on strike when another is coming off. Just go and don't sweat it.

Oct 28th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Christina

no, it's not completely over at all. They voted to return to work at the Louvre, and I think some other sites have opened a little more, but some others are still closed (like the Arc de Triomphe and only the first floor of the d'Orsay was open yesterday). They are having a meeting to discuss things further on Monday.

Oct 28th, 2001, 03:24 PM
alex

www.lesgreves.com lists 10 current strikes. Museums are number 8 as of this post.