Reload this Page >

What's a peseta get me, anyway?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 06:37 AM
Jeanne Travers

I know what the exchange rate is for US dollars to Spanish pesetas, but I can't find information like what the cost of living is... what will a peseta buy me? How far will my dollar go?

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 06:44 AM
Art

A dollar goes pretty far. Spain is one of the lesser expensive countries in western Europe. You can find nice clean hotels for$50/night if you search (there are also more expensive ones.) <BR>Regards, <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 06:59 PM
Graziella

I agree with Art, and also a fantastic destination, the peseta can get a lot in all of Spain but of course in the little towns really a lot, like a great lunch for two, in Sangueza best hotel, three courses, house wine, ...delicious food, for 19.90 with tip, I got the bill the other day in my Amex and couldn t believe it ....Where is Sangueza,? it is in Navarra a delightful little town, with one fantastic r\Romanic church listed in many architectural books. Buen viaje.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Jeanne

Thanks for the replies. My family will be travelling in the southern part of Spain for two weeks. We have accommodations at a time share in Estepona. I was particularly interested in what meals would cost, as our budget is quite low, it sounds as if we'll be able to manage nicely. Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 11:08 AM
S. Johns

What will a peseta get you? An unforgetable time in one of the most colorful, passionate, delightful, friendly countries in the world. I lived in Madrid for a year many years ago; spent a little over a week in the Malaga area in '98. And PLEASE, make some effort to speak their language - for your own benefit. That's always appreciated - no matter which country.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Paulo

Info on the cost of few things (in Madrid) can be found at<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.cfm?fid=2&amp;tid=402563<BR><BR>Paulo