Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

what would u do if u had a week in Ronda?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Jerry

cause I do. what places would u visit, activities...?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 03:45 PM
xxx

Start a family.<BR><BR>A week in Ronda is not tourism after the second day.<BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Jim

I'd go to Seville.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:14 PM
blodwen

My first reaction was shoot myself - then I realized this was Ronda in Spain, not the Rhondda Valley of South Wales

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:37 AM
jules

Visit the old town and the bull ring.<BR>Take a walk down the gorge and across the open fields.<BR>Have dinner at Alavera de los banos hotel at bottom of old town.<BR>Go to Seville for a couple of days...or go to Granada for a couple of days.<BR>Take a tour of the White Villages which are close to the town.<BR>Drive to the coast. <BR>Read Hemingway's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" for a description of the Massacre of local 'fascists' over the gorge... to get some local history<BR>Ronda isn't the biggest of places, but I spent a very enjoyble 4 days here last year. <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:50 AM
help

Help me Ronda<BR>Help help me Ronda<BR>Help me Ronda yeah<BR>Get her out of my heart

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:36 AM
Tina

I wouldn't spend a whole week in Ronda. I would spend about 2 days there then go to Seville or Malaga. Stay in the Parador de Ronda. It's right on the gorge and there is a spectacular view. Also, Ronda is famous for their furniture and linens. I bought a beautiful hand embroidered tablecloth there. Also there is a leather shop there that has some beautiful things if you're getting gifts for anyone. I do agree though that you'll run out of things to do after about 2 days. Go to Seville. You'll love the drive.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:27 PM
Jerry

hi again, thanx for the info everyone. is there anything to to in Ronda at night?<BR>also how far is granada (bus or train)<BR>thank you

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:25 AM
Andrew

Granada is &lt;3 hours by train.<BR><BR>There is some decent nightlife in Ronda. If you want to base yourself there there are many daytrips you could make, e.g. to Grazalema or Zahara. Cold at night though.<BR><BR>I agree with the others though, 2-3 days there would be fine but you might as well move on for a few other nights elsewhere in Andalucia

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:50 AM
gail

Don't forget the cave paintings outside of town! Monica on this board says they made her trip.