What is a TROLL?

Aug 31st, 2001, 07:22 AM
Mika

What is a TROLL?

You people keep calling each other Trolls? Please - what or who is a Troll? For me they are clever little persons living in the Scandinavian forests. But probably they have changed after emigrating to America.

Aug 31st, 2001, 07:57 AM
billy

Ogre-like creature that lives under bridges. OR, read enough of these forums and you'll figure it out.

Aug 31st, 2001, 08:43 AM
IsItThatDifficult

When people ask question like this, it is because they want to understand, just the opposite of being ignorant.
The simplest thing would be to answer or not to answer.
Referral to read the whole forum may not clarify it.
Mike, I was afraid to ask the same question, as much as many others, because of such type of response.
My understanding is that is is someone who starts some controversial or humorous thread that brings different kind of responses, as opposed to someone who wants to get the real information.

Aug 31st, 2001, 08:57 AM
billy

Hey, IsIt!

If you're going to attempt to insult somebody, at least try to do it with the correct grammar! Take a basic writing class and then, maybe, you can put me in my place.

Aug 31st, 2001, 09:06 AM
Laura

IsitThatDifficult, don't be afraid to ask any question relating to travel. So what if there are some grouchy people out there? Ignore their responses--like most of us do. The rest of us are nice and will give your question the best answer we can. So, fire away!

Aug 31st, 2001, 09:08 AM
s.fowler

There is a qualitative aspect also. Talented trolls "yank our chains" without our realizing they have been yanked. Lousy trolls just post outrageous things that scream troooooooollll..

And the REALLY good troll is one of the above when a useful conversation ensues

Sep 1st, 2001, 02:54 PM
Danna

I'm still trying to decide if I take the 1. ogre under the bridge or the 2. slow fishing for bites... view of trolls. I've enjoyed lots of them tho!

Sep 2nd, 2001, 06:09 PM
Goin ta Paris

I continually see the English teachers fuss about someone's spellin. FYI a lot of people use short or comical spellings on the internet to communicate quickly like on instantmsgr. This is not necessarily ignorance. My son seldom spells anything right and he nose better. He can spell anything. His spelling on the internet is part of his creative process. So don't be so quick to judge.

I know that this is mostly irrelavant but is a little bit fun and I'm still goin to Paris in 32 days.

Goin'to Paris

Sep 10th, 2001, 11:17 AM
atrollisatroll

just topping for request!