the prague marriott

Jul 9th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Chris

the prague marriott

Has anyone stayed at, or heard of, the Marriott in Prague? I will be going there this Thursday and i would love a head's up from anyone who knows.
thanks so much!!
chris

Jul 9th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Lee

Chris,

I have not stayed at the Marriott in Prague, but it is probably a fine hotel. The location, however, is not very central, I'm afraid. It's on V celnici, not far from Republic Square, but outside of Old Town. You may not choose to walk to some attractions.

Prague is not very big and public transportation is easy to use, so you will be able to go wherever you want without much trouble. The Marriott staff will probably have someone that can provide detailed info on everything.

Sep 10th, 2001, 10:27 AM
kim

I've stayed at the Prague Marriott, wonderful hotel. Not far from the Old Town either. I walked from there, to the old clock, across the Charles Bridge, and up to the cathedral and back down, all in the rain. No complaints here.

Sep 10th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Christina

I haven't stayed there but seen it and heard good comments about it. It is very central (I think that's one of the most convenient locations, near Municipal house, great metro connections, etc) and is indeed in Old Town, which is area Prague 1.

Sep 10th, 2001, 11:29 AM
David

Don't worry about the location of the Marriott - it's a great hotel - very modern and located a hundred yards from the Powder Gate - the entance to the Old City with everything on your doorstep. On the opposite side of the street is the Marriott's sister hotel the Renaissance.

From directly outside the airport terminal take the white state run VW minibuses to Namesti Republiky and the Marriott is just behind you.

The Hotel has a great fitness club and pool!