Reload this Page >

What is a romantic 4 star hotel on the right side bank in Paris for a honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 01:58 PM
giovanna

Hello my name is giovanna, Next year my fiance'and I will be going to Paris France for our Honeymoon, We were wondering if anyone or other couples who have been to Paris France,we wanted to know what is nice romantic hotel to stay at which is a 4 star hotel.We want to be on the right bank near everything. And is everything in walking distance. and if not how far by bus will it take us to the major attractions that we want to see.And should we go on a guided Tour or make our own walking Tour of Pairs. And how much was the 4 star hotel you stay at? We are from Canada.Well I hope someone can help us out thanks <BR> <BR>giovanna

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 02:12 PM
xxx

Take a look at http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007bersolys2.htm

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 03:36 PM
s.fowler

Hotel Bersoly's is a 3 star on the Left Bank. I've stayed there and recommended it on this forum. I would also recommend Hotel Verneuil in the same area. Bersoly's runs about $120. for a double. Verneuil slightly higher. <BR> <BR>If I were going "4 star" on the Right Bank I'd head for Pavillon de la Reine: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75003pavillon.htm Rooms start at $335 per night.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Ger

Giovanna: <BR> <BR>I am also from Canada - Toronto. <BR> <BR>The Right Bank is expensive and you may get better deals on the Left. Check out the following web site for other romantic alternatives: <BR> <BR>http://209.217.52.190/~fhg/httpdocs/honeymoo.html <BR> <BR>As s.fowler recommends, Pavillon de la Reine (Place de Voges) looks great and I have always wanted to stay there. I have tried many times but they only every have the Can$1,400 per night rooms available (but I always have to book on short notice, you may be luckier). <BR> <BR>My FOUR STAR experience on the right bank has been limited to the Hotel Lotti (Jolly Hotel Chain - Italian) on the Rue Castiglione, off the Rue de Rivoli. It is next door to the Intercontinental and down the road from the Ritz. The rooms are large and well decorated; wonderful marble bathrooms, lots of antiques, fabric covered walls. <BR> <BR>Check out the web-site: <BR> <BR>http://www.jollyhotels.it/eng/hotels/paris/index.htm <BR> <BR>It is not as glamorous as others in the area - it is a bit faded compared with other hotels, but considerably cheaper. It is also a very friendly hotel, not at all pretentious: The staff speaks French, English, Italian and they can't do enough for you. <BR> <BR>The location is excellent - you are close to everything by subway (Concord is the nearest Metro), the Tuilleries, the Louve, Palais Royal are within walking distance. <BR> <BR>For shopping: The area is renowned for jewelry shops (real and costume); right opposite the hotel is a wonderful perfumery (Annick Goutal), turn left out of the hotel, walk for 2 minutes and you find the Rue de Saint Honere (every designer imaginable, Chanel is on the street next ) <BR> <BR>My travel agent always gets me a very good price on a room - rack rate is about Can $750 - $1,000 per night, she gets it for me for about Can $230 …for Can $230 it is a great hotel, for Can$750 …..I would find it difficult to justify any hotel room for that price! <BR> <BR>Hope this is of help and let me know if you need any more information or the name of my travel agent. <BR> <BR>Regards and have a wonderful honeymoon ….Ger <BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 05:16 AM
marzipan

Hi Giovanna <BR>I've had a great weekend at Hotel des Trois Poussins which is on right bank side of the Seine and near to 'St. Georges' metro station. I think it's a perfect location for a romantic stay in Paris - service, decor and price were all excellent. Try to get rooms 1, 2 or 3 which open out onto a lovely courtyard. A double room is around $120 per night. See some other reviews at www.hotelboulevard.com or try www.justparis.co.uk or www.france-hotel-online.com

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Patrick

I suspect that you are unfamiliar with Paris. Our first trip there I assumed that the place to stay would be right off Champs Elysee, because I'd always heard so much about it. We stayed in a very nice four star hotel right off the Boulevard, but as we are not into shopping and don't really care for big touristy restaurants, it didn't take us long to realize that all the charm and character we were looking for was on the Left Bank. On every trip since, we have stayed in the 6th on the Left Bank. Now that is Paris. Romantic? Definitely Left Bank and not Right Bank unless your idea of romantic is a big and glamorous hotel like the Ritz which is on the Right. If your idea of Romantic is a small and intimate hotel with vaulted rooms, antique furnishings, and charming ambiance, then I'd suggest somewhere like Relais Christine or Relais St. Germain, both on the Left Bank.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 07:03 AM
StCirq

Giovanna: <BR> <BR>Patrick is right. Being "near everything" in Paris means being in pretty crowded, commercial, noisy neighborhoods. Yes, you're closer to some of the main sites, but that's really irrelevant given that Paris has about the best métro system in the world.The 6me and 7me arrondissements offer more "romantic" possibilities. Also, coming from Canada, you may be surprised at the prices of 4-star hotels, as the Canadian dollar is not strong right now (of course it might be next year when you take the trip). I think you'll find, if you investigate websites, that there is a wealth of romantic 3-star hotels to choose from that won't break the bank