Reload this Page >

Q for Patrick re: AMEX PTS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 09:25 AM
s

Patrick (and other helpful folks): <BR> <BR>In one of your postings, you said that the AMEX platinum concierge service had helped you arrange a tour & tasting in the Champagne area. Well, I liked that idea so I called the Platinum Travelers Service and asked them for any info they had on tours, etc. in Champagne. They came back with a lame one-week Tauk tour of Paris/Champagne/Burgundy. So please help me: what are the magic words/magic telephone numbers to get from "Travelers Service" to "Concierge Service" and to get info and assistance in Champagne. If you're more comfortable, e-mail me rather than posting. <BR> <BR>Thanks!! <BR> <BR>s

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Patrick

Sorry, unless there's another Patrick or someone else has been posting under my name, I can't help you. I've never used AMEX platinum concierge service, in fact have never taken such an organized tour. I tried to do a search to see who might have posted the information you mention, but couldn't find anything like that. Sorry. The closest thing I have posted was a brief description of going to Reims and Epernay in one day from Paris on our own.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:07 PM
s

Patrick, <BR> <BR>Thanks for responding. Yes, it was that description of Epernay & Reims, but no, I'm not talking about an organized tour. I thought you said that this service made an appointment or reservations(??) for you for a tour of a champagne cellar while you were on your own in Epernay. Sorry if I misunderstood. However, if AMEX platinum did assist you in making arrangements to tour the cellar, please let me know how you contacted them. I think, though, I'll just let the hotel concierge do it for me when I get there. <BR> <BR>Thanks again for your response! <BR> <BR>s

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Patrick

Now that I think about it, I believe someone did post on that thread about the AMEX thing or something like it. Why I can't get that very recent thread back in a search of Epernay, Moet, Reims, or Champagne tours is a mystery to me. We didn't make reservations at all, just showed up at Moet in Epernay and Maxims in Reims. But we tried to get into Taittinger in Reims and it was all booked, so having a concierge book for you is probably a good idea if you want to be assured of a particular thing.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:34 PM
s

Patrick, <BR>You're a prince for your efforts! Yup, I just did a hundred searches on Epernay, Reims, Epernay & Reims, Champagne, and Patrick, and got nowhere near the thread I was remembering. Ah well. Thanks again. <BR> <BR>s

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Rex

Topped the thread you were seeking - - by searching "Platinum". <BR> <BR>Postscript: If this forum had an easier way to locate and direct readers to a specific (previous) posting by a unique identifier (timestamp), it would not be necessary to top (and repeat) information so tediously. This is my new crusade, and I am thinking about adding this postscript (when applicable) to every new reply I make here. If you agree with me, then please write to Danny Mangin or David Downing - - [email protected] - - and encourage them to move forward with this improvement (and any others they have up their sleeves) to this best-on-the-web travel forum!

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 01:18 PM
s

Rex, <BR> <BR>I loooove this place! And you!! Thank you so much for your help. Yes, I see that it was a jparis (?), not Patrick, who gave that info. My apologies -- and thanks again to Rex and Patrick for re-directing me. <BR> <BR>s <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 05:29 AM
marzipan

I think this is the message you're looking for: <BR> <BR>Author: jparis ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 2/12/2001, 4:10 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: I did a day trip to Reims and it was quite easy and lovely. I don't know if you are an American Express Platinum Card holder, but they have a Concierge service. I called them and asked if they could arrange for a private tour of one of the Champagne producers. They wound up setting us up on a FREE private tour of Veuve Cliquot which was <BR>great. We then took a taxi into town and had a lovely lunch in a local cafe (drinking plenty of good, well-priced champagne) and then walked around the pretty town and took an easy train back into Paris. There is a top 5 star restaurant in the town (can't remember the name) where the lunch, I am sure, is a "bargain" (Concierge service at American Express can give you the name an probably book the table). If you don't have the card, you can probably write them and see if they will give you a tour anyway. Good luck. <BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Diane

oooh, this one was worth reading again! Diner's Club also has a concierge service -- think I'll check it out to see if they can come up with something similar for us in Italy...