Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What are the "not to be missed" in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 06:08 AM
sallyanne

Going to Paris for a few days and would like to cover as much as possible. Any Must Sees besides the Eiffel Tower, Notre Damne and Arc de Triomphe.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Ira

Hi Sallyanne<BR> Have you tried the Miniguide at www.fodors.com?

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Howard

Many of us could respond with a list of at 50 items! However, you haven't told us anything about your interests, etc., etc., etc.<BR>In short, your question is a bit too open-ended. The previous poster has a good suggestion. Another: Buy a guide or two. Most have suggested itineraries for a variety of stays.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:11 AM
xxx

This vies with &quot;Sorrento or Positano?&quot; for the title of &quot;Most Times the Exact Same Message Title Was Used.&quot;<BR><BR>OK, start telling me not to be rude to a newcomer.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Andrew

What is &quot;not to be missed&quot; depends on your own tastes and preferences. People will tell you for example that the Musee d'Orsay is not to be missed...but do you like museums? I'm not crazy about them. But you could spend your entire visit in museums.<BR><BR>Paris is a wonderful city just for walking around. It's full of beautiful architecture and has a neat feel to it. I always feel like I'm in some sort of wonderland when I'm there.<BR><BR>Andrew<BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:14 AM
God Here

Watch your spelling, Sallyanne. There's no damn in Notre Dame!

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:53 AM
paul

this is the type of posting you get all the time on Lonely Planet. &quot;I am so busy I can't find a guidebook to read so guess what I like and give me a list of cool things to write down and check off as I traipse thru Paris.&quot; As previously stated, the poster is covering beaten ground. At the very least she could have checked the previous queries of the same sort. Sorry but I had to say this.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:58 AM
xxx

Print out the '100 Great Things to do in Paris' post and you will be busy for a few days!