Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

what are everyones travel plans for next year?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 02:03 AM
fiona

I thought Hogmanay was a suitable time to ask this! We are going to Rome on a day trip(!)in February, Barbados in April, the Far East in July and Greece in October. I'm really looking forward to them. Rome in one day will be a bit of a challenge though.( We already have had some good advice from this forum)What is everyone else looking forward to?

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 02:16 AM
JOdy

Rome at end of Feb for a week, NYC in April for a weekend gathering of friends, SF or Montreal in early Sept, then 3 weeks in UK not decided just where yet or maybe France instead , depends on how we fell later in the year, but will definitely have 1 week in London either way! That will be in late Oct/Nov

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 04:03 AM
Vita

I'm planning a trip at the end of May. At the moment, I'm torn between Ireland and a trip to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. I was also thinking of returning to Rome and Florence either over Thanksgiving or next winter. Decisions, decisions.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 04:06 AM
xwoman

Hi Fiona<BR>What is Hogmanay?

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 04:16 AM
fiona

re Hogmanay<BR>It is the Scottish name for the last day of the year!! Most Scots celebrate with a dram or two( and don't see much of the following day!!!)

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:31 AM
fiona

re Hogmanay<BR>It is the Scottish name for the last day of the year!! Most Scots celebrate with a dram or two( and don't see much of the following day!!!)

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:36 AM
Mike

Leaving for London and Paris (2weeks) Jan.15, Ireland (April 20) Germany (Xmas Markets) December.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:46 AM
s.fowler

Other than a couple of stateside trips [Philadelphi and Rhode Island] nothing until the end of August when we're planning to visit Scotland, London and, probably Paris.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:47 AM
Book Chick

In NYC and Rome in 2 weeks. (Will be gone for 2 weeks.) NYC in April, and not sure after that.<BR><BR>Happy Travels to All in 2002!<BR><BR>BC

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:50 AM
Ed

To learn how to use apostrophes.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:55 AM
fiona

Since you are looking forward to being grammatically correct, why not concentrate on what a sentence is? The rest of us mere mortals will look forward to more exciting things!!!!

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 06:13 AM
Gina

2002<BR>Costa Rica in January<BR>Kenya in February/March<BR>Amsterdam in March<BR>Long Beach, CA in March<BR>Greece in April<BR>Paris in May (3 days only)<BR>Paris for 5 days on the way to Mauritius in June<BR>Mauritius in June<BR>Alaska in July/August<BR>France (Paris again, Normandy and Alps)in September<BR>And small trips to NYC, White MOuntains of NH and maybe Maine<BR>??? Hawaii in December

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 06:19 AM
Fiona

Gina! You obviously don't have time to work inbetween holidays!!! I'm very envious!!!

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 06:38 AM
mark

Oaxaca in February <BR>Prague and Split/Hvar in May<BR>Seville / Granada in October <BR>

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 06:56 AM
Gina

Hello Fiona<BR>I like your question for the last day of this year. To explain my many trips next year here is my short story. Only two weeks ago I finished my graduate school and as a nontraditional student I realized that I took so much time away from my husband and for this reason we decided to take a whole year off and do what we both like to do the most. Life is too short and so uncertain. I will still have a time to work after we finished with our trips in the end of the next year. Unless we will come up with some great ideas for new places to visit.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:13 AM
Marsha

Gina, your "sabbatical" year sounds wonderful! To respond to Fiona's question: In 2002, Minneapolis in January, Chicago in March, the Black Hills of South Dakota in April, and Hawaii in May - June, and San Francisco in October. Our sabbatical is in 2004: southern France - Italy in May and Alaska in June - July.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:13 AM
DellVecc

Amsterdam and Germany in Feb. Paris in May? and Italy in Sept. I just purchased a new suitcase so I'm gonna break it in this year!!

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 08:12 AM
Howard

I live in Washington DC<BR><BR>For now, what I have planned is:<BR><BR>A visit to New Jersey in 2 weeks for my mother's 80th birthday (plus other as yet unscheduled visits during the year)<BR><BR>Miami Beach for a long weekend one week later for the Art Deco festival<BR><BR>A 14 day transatlantic cruise from St. Thomas to Lisbon at the very end of March. Will have (only) a bit of time at beginning and end for land stays.<BR><BR>That is what is planned.<BR><BR>In addition, if all works out, I'd like to:<BR><BR>visit a friend either at her home of Tampa or meet her somewhere (perhaps New Orleans/Key West/San Antonio).<BR><BR>visit a friend at his home of Lansing, Michigan or meet him somewhere<BR><BR>go somewhere for a week towards the end of the year (maybe the Carib. or Central America, tho really too early to say)

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 08:31 AM
Stef

My plans for 2002 include touring Ireland and Scandinavia. I'm looking forward to seeing new things, eating different foods, and meeting new people.<BR>Travelling gives you such an appreciation for what you have and a bit of envy for the different and fantastic ways other people live.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 08:31 AM
fran

Ten days in Fiji in May; 2 weeks in England and France in September; and (boring!) five days in Tucson in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -